• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Promise Collection wins!
16 16

1,591 posts in this topic

On 11/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, adamstrange said:

It's a great book, the Swan Song for Subby. featuring a book length origin story, from when his parents first met up through his initial contact with the humans in New York.  It's the only GA Subby cover by Everett and features his art throughout.

Lets hope for the consignor then that a few of the crypto bros who cashed out in time know all that…

On 11/18/2022 at 8:21 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

OMG. Could it be the crypto guys are bailing, taking pennies on the dollar?

No idea. Heritage definitely expected it to do better. It was a Featured book. 

On 11/18/2022 at 8:43 PM, tth2 said:

Of course, some of us would say that the book just sold for the price it always should have sold for in the first place.

I don't know.  It IS the single highest graded first comic book appearance of Mighty Mouse

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

I don’t think everyone should be surprised by these lower sales. Economy isn’t what it was 1-2 years ago. Crypto market has absolutely tanked, so assuming they entered the market previously it’s definitely showing. Clearly a price correction going on with a lot of books. Overall though the market feels solid still. If anything now’s a good time to buy.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 11/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, MasterChief said:

Update!

Current Promise Collection ROI snapshot.

List includes recent resealing of Sub-Mariner Comics #32 and Terry-Toons Comics #38.

Data sorted by oldest to newest sale date.

promise-roi-221119.thumb.png.82d72fada2264849a7f50b94c9995ac7.png

Way more losers than winners not the books for flippers :cry:

On 11/19/2022 at 7:20 PM, MasterChief said:

Update!

Current Promise Collection ROI snapshot.

List includes recent resealing of Sub-Mariner Comics #32 and Terry-Toons Comics #38.

Data sorted by oldest to newest sale date.

promise-roi-221119.thumb.png.82d72fada2264849a7f50b94c9995ac7.png

Did you make that chart? If so wonderful work. Lotta work there.  If not thanks anyway. How complete do you think that is? Is that every Promise book that has been resold in public or just on Heritage or .......? 

On 11/19/2022 at 2:44 PM, Professor K said:

Did you make that chart? If so wonderful work. Lotta work there.  If not thanks anyway. How complete do you think that is? Is that every Promise book that has been resold in public or just on Heritage or .......? 

Thx for the comment. Yes, I made the chart. The data is from Heritage. While I've done cursory checks of other sites, I haven't catalogued any reselling from them as of yet. (thumbsu

On 11/19/2022 at 8:49 PM, MasterChief said:

Ditto. I've picked up several. One of which I got caught up in the hype and bid foolishly. Like the book, but not the price. It's a loooong term hold. lol

Here's one I'm extremely happy with. An "Armand" copy. Waited quite a while for just the right copy to go after. Couldn't be happier. :grin:

ASC-49_9-4_promise-collection_front.thumb.jpg.f37cb08c5d222293bd3c13c93c791ff6.jpg

Great choice, that's the only issue of All Star I own!