• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Super Giant #21 LOVE cover recreations by original artist Charles Armentano!
2 2

132 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, greggy said:

2014 isn’t last year

thx. will correct.  even better.

No he was not.

Dont mean to cryptically imply that I was the lucky winner.  But I do know who did win it at the time.

I do have a high grade ped copy of this book which went for a very pretty penny, romantically speaking, back in the day.

Edited by Dr. Love

23 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

No he was not

Love Dr what's your take on the recreations-good idea?  

Its funny how things happen-I just went to greggy's content to find something to confuse react to and saw in the thread someone had posted the book and I always wanted it so I wanted to know who drew it and stuff.  Then being a curious guy I searched for the artist and also nerv mentioned the website so I emailed him.

1 hour ago, Dr. Love said:

Yup

This book is the definitive start of the Bronze Age for romance.

Love it to pieces

SuperDCGiant_S21fc100.jpg.917b0a16cbbb0363d170d0ffdbe66e2a.jpg

So much about comics is lost to history-I'm glad I got on the record the origin of this amazing cover.

9 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Yup

Love it to pieces

What I call a Bronze Age “One Hit Wonder.” I sometimes imagine what Armentano would have done had he stayed in this medium.

7 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

What I call a Bronze Age “One Hit Wonder.” I sometimes imagine what Armentano would have done had he stayed in this medium.

Me too.  Maybe another Steranko.

17 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Yup

Love it to pieces

Never thought of it that way but it works for me.  That’s a real purdy copy you’ve got there   Hopefully I’ve got one nearly as nice hiding out as it’s been a loong time favorite. I’d love a recreation!

Wish I could tell 13 year old me to BUY THAT COMIC!!!  At age 13 was when I had the money to buy all the comics I wanted and went to drug store every month.:pullhair:

Thanks  (thumbsu

It's a 9.4 Western Penn, when I bought it almost 20 years ago it was the highest graded at the time.  Since then there's been a 9.8 and some 9.6's and multiple 9.4's as well.

Not that I was grade chasing back then, it's just a gorgeous book and I love high grade merch, but still there's a lesson contained within - when it comes to bronze and time...there are a lot of books out there

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

when it comes to bronze and time...there are a lot of books out there

So youre saying there'sa chance?  I have $100 to spend is all.