• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Super Giant #21 LOVE cover recreations by original artist Charles Armentano!
2 2

132 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 9:26 PM, N e r V said:

It’s an expensive issue due to scarcity but I have to wonder if the covers were reversed if this issue would be in even higher demand with the other piece of charles armentano art as it’s front piece?

92710A5D-E958-4C09-A740-85D519F96CB5.thumb.jpeg.fd04f4cd48d2d8365eb6f475fd6b8d62.jpeg

the race car cover is just too iconic and more psychedelic.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:32 PM, kav said:

the race car cover is just too iconic and more psychedelic.

Yes I like that cover better for sure but I’m not a big fan of Love stories #5 front cover. His back cover to me is far superior to the art they used on front. Only good thing about Love Stories #5 is by being a back cover it wasn’t damaged by logos, wording, etc

On 1/17/2022 at 9:36 PM, N e r V said:

Yes I like that cover better for sure but I’m not a big fan of Love stories #5 front cover. His back cover to me is far superior to the art they used on front. Only good thing about Love Stories #5 is by being a back cover it wasn’t damaged by logos, wording, etc

Oh I see what you mean-yes that book would be more desirable if Armentano was on the front for sure.  Especially if it was more colorful.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:40 PM, kav said:

Oh I see what you mean-yes that book would be more desirable if Armentano was on the front for sure.  Especially if it was more colorful.

Yeah the only other piece he did fully is the BACK cover of Love Stories #5. Side by side as I posted them really shows the front cover up as generic whereas his was modern and fresh. His other cover that made it as a front is clearly better though.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, N e r V said:

Yeah the only other piece he did fully is the BACK cover of Love Stories #5. Side by side as I posted them really shows the front cover up as generic whereas his was modern and fresh. His other cover that made it as a front is clearly better though.

Man what a comic artist he could have been-another Steranko.  Just imagine an alternate world where he took over spider man.

If anyone is interested to make an offer before he lists it on heritage I will pass it along.

On 1/17/2022 at 1:43 PM, kav said:

Ok Folks Charles just contacted me-he has completed a cover recreation painting. 24 x 36 acrylic on canvas.
@Dr. Love @*paull* @bronze johnny @iggy @MB1952 @Artboy99 

thumbnail.jpeg

This is awesome! Armentano’s “One Hit Wonder” is in line with the early 1970s one hit wonders that dominated another medium- songs on the pop charts. The 70s gave us amazing creations by so many artists in different mediums. Fantastic era and Armentano’s art is forever ingrained in the Bronze Age of Comic Books. I still imagine what Armentano would have done if he stuck around for a bit.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:10 PM, bronze johnny said:

This is awesome! Armentano’s “One Hit Wonder” is in line with the early 1970s one hit wonders that dominated another medium- songs on the pop charts. The 70s gave us amazing creations by so many artists in different mediums. Fantastic era and Armentano’s art is forever ingrained in the Bronze Age of Comic Books. I still imagine what Armentano would have done if he stuck around for a bit.

great analogy!