• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Apple TV's TED LASSO starring Jason Sudeikis (2021)
2 2

48 posts in this topic

In a video shared today by Sesame Street on Twitter, Goldstein appears alongside Oscar the Grouch in his iconic trash can. As Big Bird passes along, he stops and turns to ask the two, "Isn't it a beautiful day?" Once Big Bird's walked off, Goldstein and Oscar share a disapproving look and shake their heads before disappearing inside their trash cans for the ultimate grouchy moment. 

Various members of the Ted Lasso creative team have been saying for years that the plan for the storyline was to run for three seasons, but co-creator Brendan Hunt recently confirmed that, while that initial plan still concludes with the upcoming Season 3, it's not impossible that a new narrative arc could be crafted to continue the series. The star and writer didn't explain that there are currently any plans to expand the concept, but clarified that the world of the series could be revisited at some point in the future. Season 3 of Ted Lasso kicked off production earlier this year though does not have a release date.

When asked about the possibility of a new storyline taking shape by Consequence, Hunt confirmed, "Yes. Another arc is possible after this, for sure. We have always seen it as some kind of three-beat thing. Originally those three beats were more going to be modeled on what [the British] The Office did, you know, six [episodes], a special, boom, we're done. We've certainly expanded those beats, but it does not mean that the whole kit and caboodle is getting chucked."

Where the series could go after this upcoming season is anyone's guess, especially with how little we know about the events of the upcoming episodes. Hunt previously teased that there would be a more substantial jump forward in time than between the first two seasons.

"Well, we don't like to do the same thing twice," series co-creator Brendan Hunt shared with TVLine earlier this year. "In Season 1, we joined the [Premier League] season in January. In Season 2, we joined the season in late September. We've never gone from the start of a season, so perhaps that's something we want to get to. And just by dint of how the schedule works in the English Premier League, we will play West Ham twice – home and away, because that's how it goes."  

On 3/17/2023 at 8:11 PM, Bosco685 said:

Solid S3 opening episode

Just finished it, great episode....

Spoiler

It was interesting showing Nate talking spoon to get the approval of the owner while Ted doing the complete opposite being himself which pissed Rebecca off but she lightened up.  I was real disappointed in Keely and Roy but I'm hoping they get back together sometime before the end of the series.

Predictions:

West Ham will start out hot and win the mid season tourney 

Richmond will start out rough and Ted will be on the hot seat. Rebecca will be real close to firing him but give him another game to prove himself.

After the mid season tourney Richmond will go on a hot streak

West Ham will beat Richmond the first time they play

West Ham will start to lose a lot after the mid season tourney and Nate will be on the hot seat

Richmond will beat West Ham in the championship tourney and Nate will immediately get fired

Richmond will beat Man U in the championship

Ted goes back home to be with his son, Beard will stay in England with his girlfriend

Roy will take over as coach and Nate will be back as equipment manager for Richmond 

On 3/17/2023 at 10:27 PM, Lpgk said:

I watched episode 1 and barely got through it. not sure what the hype is about. nothing was really funny. is it cause I know nothing about soccer?

I actually can't stand soccer.  This show really reminds me of Scrubs and then I learned they have the same writer.  My suggestion try to get to episode 3 if you can stomach it, it really picks up from there.  Episode one is a lot of building up and some unlikable people in that episode get a lot better through out the series.

:bump:

Season 3 (perhaps the finale) just wrapped last night, so thought this thread was worth a bump.

It's nice to see a show stick the landing!