• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gem City Comic Con - July 24`th and 25`th - Dayton Ohio
1 1

18 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Any board members setting up at this one?

I'll be there - I suspect Catrick339 will be there and I would suspect a few other boardies should be -  I know Bill Thade , Earl Shaw and Marc Ballard will be there too - 

27 minutes ago, Mike Bray said:

I'll be there - I suspect Catrick339 will be there and I would suspect a few other boardies should be -  I know Bill Thade , Earl Shaw and Marc Ballard will be there too - 

Great - I just may be able to swing coming to check it out.  I remember it being a great buying Con several years back.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, Mike Bray said:

Gem City Comic Con

coming up in less than a month in Dayton Ohio - great show with a bunch of great dealers from all over the South and Midwest .

gem.jpg

now coming up this weekend -- if you come out drop by my booth and say hello -- 

mb.jpg

Edited by Mike Bray

What a great show!  I decided to leave a bit early since I went through my budget by this morning.  There was still quite a few nice books left available but most people didn’t take a card.

The buzz of the Con centered on somebody getting kicked out of the show by the promoter during set up.  I of course stumble right in the middle of the tension when I said hello to the promoter right as he is turning to yell at the guy he kicked out.  I only heard second hand what prompted the ejection but the promoter looked mad enough to throw punches.

Edited by 1Cool

On 7/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, 1Cool said:

The buzz of the Con centered on somebody getting kicked out of the show by the promoter during set up.  I of course stumble right in the middle of the tension when I said hello to the promoter right as he is turning to yell at the guy he kicked out.  I only heard second hand what prompted the ejection but the promoter looked mad enough to throw punches.

The promoter was in the right. He is a good guy. The guy who got thrown out deserved it. 

I don’t know if this has been mentioned elsewhere and I really hope I’m not overstepping my boundaries with this.  

Someone passed away during the show.   I don’t know the details of what happened.  Only that it was sudden.  PM me if you want and I can share what I know.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:17 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

In depth recap:

Pretty good show. Bought lots of stuff. Got to catch up with some old friends,boardies as well as a bunch of drunk chicks. Bill was definitely in the right from what I saw on the exile/expulsion when all of the data was processed. Got rained on. Unfortunately a dealer from Chicago that I hadn't met before until that morning did pass away suddenly in the bathroom. Bought Jim Lee art, a Spidey 1, X-men 1, pile of slabs etc. Made women swoon and men jealous. Possibly still hungover. Tough to say. Conquered. 

I heard you drink like a little girl. lol

Nice pickups buddy congrats!!! :headbang:

On 8/3/2021 at 3:20 PM, seanfingh said:

Zima has been rebranded into White Claw - now it is edgy and cool.  And also quite refreshing.

just not my drink of choice -- give me a good DIPA or Imperial IPA 

On 8/3/2021 at 4:30 PM, Mike Bray said:

just not my drink of choice -- give me a good DIPA or Imperial IPA 

I love beer - I want to enjoy it, especially with a meal.  But the seltzers are great if you are floating in a lake or sitting by the pool and you are going to have about eight of them.