• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Is On Board-CGC Guarantee

51 posts in this topic

Metropolis has AWAYS given customers a complete guarantee on any and all books that are determined to have been restored that were not listed as such. We will now take the further step of extending this to CGC product as well. Any book, sold in an unrestored CGC holder by Metropolis, that is later determined by CGC to actually contain restoration not discovered in the previous certification, will be fully refundable. This policy will be retroactive to any CGC books sold by Metropolis in the past. No if and or buts.

We understand that the comic market's faith has been shaken with regard to CGC product. We look at this as a first step in a series of steps in restoring that confidence.

Stephen Fishler

Metropolis

www.metropoliscomics.com

Kudos! The good news just keeps coming! This is the type of policy that will keep me feeling okay about continuing to collect high grade CGC comics. Well done and thanks, Metropolis. thumbsup2.gif

Steve,

Nothing against Josh, who I think took an admirable step in his own right toward helping restore confidence in the graded comics market with his policy, but I just want to say that it's refreshing to see a top dealer honestly and genuinely acknowledge the seriousness of the harm caused by the whole Ewert situation. While I expect to get the "don't worry about a thing, it isn't that many books" message from those dealers who have the most to lose if CGC's credibility were irreparably damaged, it is very honorable of you to have been as forthcoming as you have (in this post and in your prior "crisis" post) about the impact this situation has had and will have on the hobby. It is even better to see you standing behind your books, whether CGC graded or not. We can only hope that all major dealers follow suit.

Scott

Wow! What a great step in renewing customer confidence. I know that we do not sell nearly as many books as Metropolis but Paradise Comics will guarantee the same as well. We have true confidence in this hobby and are confident with CGC's help and determination it will be stronger then ever.

Peter Dixon

Paradise Comics

paradisecomics@on.aibn.com

i think this is great and commend the companies that have agreed to similar processes............

now if CGC would figure out how to stem the tide of public opinion by doing something...................... crazy.gif

I want to thank Metropolis, ComicLink, Paradise, and all others that deal in CGC books for taking the initiative to restore my collecting confidence. While questions remain concerning the reliability of the restoration check that only time and further experience can defray, the return policy these sellers are willing to provide goes a long way toward cleaning up the hobby. This is an excellent stance to take for the hobby, and it will earn more of my business in the future. thumbsup2.gif

I have talked to many collectors about this situation. They are mad, confused and frustrated and I totally get why. I ain't lost on me.

I will not insult anyone's intelligence by trying to downplay what has occurred.

Stephen Fishler

way to go Steve!