• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 194- The Latest ASM Issue Blowing Up?
2 2

251 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, eddly said:

I have an upside down 9.6 restored newsstand, am I rich?

It is a really nice copy, the black is fading in some areas (manufacturing defect?) and as a result someone thought it would be a good idea to scribble black marker on at least one small spot that I can see. I picked this book up in 2019 (you can quickly spot it within GPA analysis). I've wondered if I could turn it into a yellow label if someone could do a remark over the very small black scribble...

Edited by eddly

On 8/12/2021 at 9:09 PM, ganni said:

Which are lower in copies? the Whitman variant ? the News stand? in 1979? :preach:

The direct edition is much harder to find. 

Go ahead and google "can we agree there is no such thing as marvel whitmans" or something like that. There is a thread you may enjoy

On 8/13/2021 at 9:48 AM, PeterPark said:

The direct edition is much harder to find. 

Go ahead and google "can we agree there is no such thing as marvel whitmans" or something like that. There is a thread you may enjoy

Thanks for the heads up(thumbsu

On 11/10/2021 at 6:36 PM, Jaydogrules said:

:whatthe: This book is still going strong with prices now surpassing the $5k mark in a 9.8.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255209236203?hash=item3b6ba7e6eb:g:YdsAAOSwkcNhQT-n#vi__app-cvip-panel

Perhaps that little Easter Egg in the morbius trailer has something to do with it.  hm

-J.

Book is getting crazy, I am waiting for a copy back as well :wishluck:

Honestly I don't understand with how bad ebay treats sellers in the dispute process, that people take risks in listing expensive books like this on their platform.

Not sure on this issue, prices are all over the map in 9.8. It's a great time to sell.

If investing, I'd probably consider $3,500 to $3,800 as max I would pay in this market.

461 in 9.8, it's not a rare book in my opinion.

BC.jpeg

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW

On 11/11/2021 at 1:34 PM, Jaydogrules said:

That's when you know a book has legitimately caught fire, when all grades spike , not just the 9.8's.

-J.

The lower grades are the first and fastest to cool. How many folks are now glad they paid prime time for an ASM 361 in 9.2/9.4 compared to a few months ago? Same thing about an ASM 300 in 9.0/9.2.  Unless you are flipper who works very fast, chasing the NON high-grade hot issue de jour is not a wise fiscal move. Although I guess it does allow one to ham it up holding the book in a selfie to display on Social Media :sigh

Edited by MAR1979

On 11/11/2021 at 8:11 AM, ramrodcar said:

Book is getting crazy, I am waiting for a copy back as well :wishluck:

Honestly I don't understand with how bad ebay treats sellers in the dispute process, that people take risks in listing expensive books like this on their platform.

Have a look at my previous post above, 1 just closed for $3,800

On 11/11/2021 at 11:11 AM, ramrodcar said:

I'm not an eBay seller. Maybe have sold total 25 items (mostly physical digital media like Blu-ray and CD) in last 10 years. Once they wanted bank account info it ended my days of listing anything on their platform. 

eBay really does seem to want to punish their sellers constantly and continually without pause. Seems to me eBay's decline is already in progress. The universe and fiscal universe abhors a void I'm sure it will be filled!

Edited by MAR1979