• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 194- The Latest ASM Issue Blowing Up?
2 2

251 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2022 at 9:08 AM, MAR1979 said:

^

Whoever wins it will be saddled with comments like the "yeah OK, but it's from mid-1979 and does NOT have White Pages" their entire time of ownership. To fork over that kind of coin in effect to be ridiculed by collectors and dealers alike puts it into the more $'s than sense category as i mentioned earlier. If 50K means nothing to you then why not advertise a want-to-buy for 75-100K for a 9.9 with WHITE pages? There are 3 of them after all. Seems absurd to budget shop on an inferior 9.9 at 50K. 

The new owner could do a walk-thru PQ review :wishluck:

On 1/25/2022 at 10:37 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:
On 1/25/2022 at 9:54 AM, sledgehammer said:

The 3 OW/W, including this one, are viewable on Heritage. They all look about the same.

One has slightly more white at the spine.

I haven't seen the white paged one.

So there’s 4 in total?  Only one copy with white pages?

Yes, the 3 OW/W copies are distinguishable.

I haven't seen the white paged copy, but it was one of the first two sold on GPA.

I doubt it was re subbed.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:38 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

“Saddled with comments…”

I’ll give you this…you have a unique way of looking at things!

Dude I get that on books all the time that have a lot less value in fact some of them are images in my current signature on this forum.

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/25/2022 at 6:13 PM, Kevin76 said:

Just sold a ASM 194 7.0 W this morning on eBay for $500  

You struck while iron was hot. Now that's the way to do things!

Less than a month later and a 8.0 goes for that amount. My guess is end of next month $500 will garner a 9.0.   It's quite plausible by mid-summer a 9.4 may only command $500-$600. I don't think 9.8's will drop anywhere near pre-spike levels but those who forked over $5k or higher be takin' a bath  

Book b chillin. Even the hyperbolist would be manipulators at gocollect have noticed:

https://blog.gocollect.com/coldest-comics-wash-the-spider-out-its-chilly/

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

Less than a month later and a 8.0 goes for that amount. My guess is end of next month $500 will garner a 9.0.   It's quite plausible by mid-summer a 9.4 may only command $500-$600. I don't think 9.8's will drop anywhere near pre-spike levels but those who forked over $5k or higher be takin' a bath 

I'll take the over

On 2/18/2022 at 5:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

You struck while iron was hot. Now that's the way to do things!

Book b chillin. Even the hyperbolist would be manipulators at gocollect have noticed:

https://blog.gocollect.com/coldest-comics-wash-the-spider-out-its-chilly/

So that article points to the drop in copies sold, not price drop.

perhaps asm 194 made the list because less copies were available during that particular week?

On 2/20/2022 at 7:17 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

So that article points to the drop in copies sold, not price drop.

perhaps asm 194 made the list because less copies were available during that particular week?

Agree their hot/cold lists are based on number of sales

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/20/2022 at 10:56 AM, sledgehammer said:

the last 3 sales on GPA are over $550 (including one at $695).

That's not a drop from last year on GPA.

:baiting:

Never said a drop from month ago implies the bottom has fallen out :)  Every descent from highs begins somewhere (almost always with non high grades) the only way to know for sure if that has occurred is to view the data from a future date.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/20/2022 at 11:04 AM, MAR1979 said:

Never said a drop from month ago implies the bottom has fallen out :)  Every descent from highs begins somewhere (almost always with non high grades) the only way to know for sure if that has occurred is to view the data from a future date.

What I don’t understand is why you are trying to use every potential related and unrelated bit of info to cheer for a price decline in this book?

On 2/20/2022 at 11:18 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

What I don’t understand is why you are trying to use every potential related and unrelated bit of info to cheer for a price decline in this book?

Am I not permitted to offer a counter-point or opposite opinion from the hyperbole presented in this thread?

Others post sales hype over and over in this thread,  am I not permitted to mention price drops?

I did error earlier on and post similar 194 comments in other threads, I will keep them here where they belong.

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/20/2022 at 11:36 AM, sledgehammer said:

Uh huh.

:fear:

On 2/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, sledgehammer said:

A 9.4 sold for @$850 24 hours ago, and @$1,350 20 minutes ago.

It's out of control!!

Get your copy by tonight if you really want one!!

There are CGC 9.4 WP copies sitting on eBay for $1200BIN. Also a newsstand 9.4WP at $1200 with no bidders, where is your sales data coming from and where are these sales taking place?

:peace:

Edited by MAR1979

On 2/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, MAR1979 said:
On 2/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, sledgehammer said:

Uh oh.

Psycho confused smiley retribution attack alert.

learned from Greggy :)

IMHO the confused reaction should be eliminated as a choice.

I'm certainly going to make sure that you're not holding a knife the next time that I use it on you.