• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1) Will X-Men #1 crack $1,000,000 before December 31, 2021? 2) Will it move into #1 Silver Age spot by December 31, 2021?
4 4

34 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Kalel38 said:

So far there is a 9.8 pedigree copy that exists and I don’t think that’s going to happen this year but when that 9.8 does within say 5yrs consider it a 1.5 million dollar copy or more.. 

Agreed. 

20 hours ago, Batmanis#1 said:

If a 9.8 shows up yes maybe a 9.6 closer to the end of the year could break it. As for #1 spot never ever and I love the X-Men. Spiderman is king today and forever in the silver age.

I love Spidey, but if you remember we were all sayin the same thing about the FF when the Bryan Singer X-Men 2000 film came out. Look whut happened in the the past 20 years. Unbulievable and unfathomable! X-Men are unstoppable! And #1 is the first appearance of 7 major marvel characters (cept maybe iceman and angel). Yikes! I'm inclinin to change my answere and say yes to both questions!

10 hours ago, PeterPark said:

It won't be king because there is no graded 9.8 AF 15. If there was, that would beat the X-Men issue.

highest graded is highest graded. If the X-Men 9.8 hits the market, it will sell for well over 1.5 million, probably closer to 2 million. The 9.6 X-men will then equal or exceed 1.1 million.

10 hours ago, Drummy said:

Maybe ( in 9.8) and no chance, but it does now feel safe in Marvel's Big Four (AF 15, Hulk 1, FF 1, X-Men 1).

Dan

Totally agree.

Here's a more interesting question:  which goes for more, one of the 4 9.6 AF 15s, or the lone 9.4 Hulk 1?

The top grade is the top-e grade for each book at this point.   A 9.8 X-men 1 equates to a 9.6 AF15.    Only in the early days of CGC was this a real risk, that buying the top graded book, was just a census updates away from being the 2nd highest graded copy.

That being said, the price floors have been set... except for a 9.8 X-men 

Not quite apples with apples, but it shows you what's possible.   The pricing on GI Joe 21, it was red hot when there was only 1-4 9.8's on the census in the early 2,000's.   Priced at north of $2,000, which was viewed as astronomical in the early 2,000's.    Then 2009 rolled around, and the book took off on the census.   BUT the momentum on the nose bleed pricing for this book hasn't slowed at all, as the census is now flooded with 115 9.8 copies.

5 hours ago, captain_em said:

highest graded is highest graded. If the X-Men 9.8 hits the market, it will sell for well over 1.5 million, probably closer to 2 million. The 9.6 X-men will then equal or exceed 1.1 million.

It's really easy to play with other people's money.

I doubt it.