• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Need some input on a TMNT #1 trade offer...................
3 3

81 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, pubmonkey said:

Hmmm...any other book I would say sell it. I'm inclined to hodl the turtle book cuz that's what I'm doing with mine. I read a post years ago where a collector had decided to sell a key to buy some rims/tires for his whip. He was derided in public but bought his wheels anyway. I always wonder how long they lasted and how much he could have potentially made by hodling instead of selling. In this case we know the book is heading to the moon so the longer you hold the better the outcome. I would sell something that is not increasing at the rate this one is and get your kitchen that way... 2c

lol That was a lying troll who got banned. None of that was real.

15 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Congrats!  Did you trade him for 21k and a FF1?  

No I added 6k to the 21 I got from the trade/sale. I am keeping the FF & while not a 9.0 signature I came pretty close & it has WP. So I look at it this way...I downgraded my book from a 9.0 to 8.5 & I paid 6k for the FF #1 2.5 & have 3 months to sell other stuff to do the kitchen.....I think I did pretty good on this one.

Edited by I am not Glenda

2 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

No I added 6k to the 21 I got from the trade/sale. I am keeping the FF & while not a 9.0 signature I came pretty close & it has WP. So I look at it this way...I downgraded my book from a 9.0 to 8.5 & I paid 6k for the FF #1 2.5 & have 3 months to sell other stuff to do the kitchen.....I think I did pretty good on this one.

Kudos! 

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

lol That was a lying troll who got banned. None of that was real.

Do you remember that? it was all just a joke? I've reflected on that situation numerous times...lol doh!

4 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

UPDATE: Just bought this from a fellow boardie (Geofan) Thanks!..... All's well that ends well.

20210616_105445.jpg.b3e57cf144a599ed9e4f1b2c4cc05406.jpg

Now you're in the sheithouse with the wife and your kitchen, no?

12 hours ago, I am not Glenda said:

So you traded your 9.0 SS + 6K for a blue 8.5 and FF 1 2.5?

What’s  the going rate for a 2.5 FF 1?

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

So an 8.5 is $27K? That makes the $12K sale for a 7.5 seem like a bargain.

Yea buddy of mine just paid 15,200 for a very nice 7.5 wp with amazing centering with KE signature on inside so the 12k sale was a good buy, not a steal but on the lower end of FMV which on this book is a good deal. I want to point out had I not done so well on the FF #1 I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on the 8.5 for 27k which is on the high end of FMV. Every sale in some way is unique also from what I understand the book has not been pressed and if Eastman does another signing I could end up with a 9.0 again for 27.500ish.......... Damn its a funny hobby huh. 

33 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

Yea buddy of mine just paid 15,200 for a very nice 7.5 wp with amazing centering with KE signature on inside so the 12k sale was a good buy, not a steal but on the lower end of FMV which on this book is a good deal. I want to point out had I not done so well on the FF #1 I don't think I would have pulled the trigger on the 8.5 for 27k which is on the high end of FMV. Every sale in some way is unique also from what I understand the book has not been pressed and if Eastman does another signing I could end up with a 9.0 again for 27.500ish.......... Damn its a funny hobby huh. 

So the question I pose now

Are you going to get the 8.5 SS'D  and pressed? Cheers Mate :)

:tink:

9 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yeah, I thought a 7.5 would be much higher.  Now even more if the 9.8 selling for 200 kis real

That sale would be huge, provided it's not a canard to inflate the prices of 9.8s.