• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP! Need some input on a TMNT #1 trade offer...................
3 3

81 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

To be 100% honest I own a business and this would be processed through our accountant at the end of the year, so the tax aspect of the trade is really irrelevant to me. I sincerely thank you for your suggestions & input. However, I was really looking for some guidance in regard to the actual aspect of the trade as both books are very HOT right now but as noted a 2.5 FF #1 while not cheap (15/16k?) is not uncommon but the offer also includes 21k which would mean I am selling a 9.0 signature for apx 36k which seems very fair to me? So while I don't want to really part with the TMNT book it's a very legit offer based on what I have seen of recent sales? The cash while not needed would be a help to update my kitchen which is from when the home was built in 1997. I just have this feeling I am going to regret selling the book and that's why I came here among fellow collectors who I would bet have been in the same spot more then a few times.

Do you want to crappy on a crappy toilet while holding your TMNT CGC 9.0 Sig Series copy? 

Or do you want to crappy on a spiffy toilet while holding your new FF #1 CGC 2.5 (or your downgraded TMNT equivalent because you sold to reclaim) (shrug) :sumo: :whatev:

- bounty

Edited by bounty_coder

And I was tongue in cheek, but central air for my home has had the same system running going on 25 years so renovating is a serious concern with me 

My home was built in mid last century so I can say, still, if i didnt have to part with high comics i still wouldnt.

I do still look to keep promises if there was another way, but I feel any regret "may" be inevitable given the book so make it worth your wild

After the post and thinking hard I am feeling like I am going to go for the deal, one last set of ??? Can any one tell me what FMV might really be on the TMNT book? Also what's a decent say 7.5 going to cost me because if I can put 6k towards the kitchen and pick up a 7.5 for say 15/16ish it sounds like the move to make

9 minutes ago, I am not Glenda said:

After the post and thinking hard I am feeling like I am going to go for the deal, one last set of ??? Can any one tell me what FMV might really be on the TMNT book? Also what's a decent say 7.5 going to cost me because if I can put 6k towards the kitchen and pick up a 7.5 for say 15/16ish it sounds like the move to make

7.5 last went for 12K in March 21' .... seems like a possible plan

Edited by bounty_coder

The other big question- what does the FF1 look like?? Is it beat up, does it have chipping, tape, or does it present nicely? This would play a major factor for me.

As some have said, I would do the potential remodel, and if Turtles is you’re number one, I would sell the FF 1 for 12-14k and get a nice 5.5-7.5 Turtles. The fact that you got your wife involved puts an added amount of pressure. It’s good to have good lines of communication. If you’ve had the same kitchen for many years, you will surely enjoy the kitchen more than a book in a box. I also want to point out that 21k may not get you a whole kitchen as well, so be prepared to “shell” out 10-20,000 more. I’m currently doing a lot of work on my house and materials and contractor’s rates are nuts!!!!!!! 

Of course, you can just keep the turtles too! Are there any other books you could sell to fund the kitchen? Good luck.  

15 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

The other big question- what does the FF1 look like?? Is it beat up, does it have chipping, tape, or does it present nicely? This would play a major factor for me.

:baiting:

10A87C61-0F8F-4E46-A5BC-652225950D91.jpeg

32 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Its a 2.5 but its a good looking 2.5 no tape, no chipping ow/w and over all it presents very well for the grade

36 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

Of course, you can just keep the turtles too! Are there any other books you could sell to fund the kitchen? Good luck.  

There are other books ( but I love them to lol) but after all the posts I think I can pull off the kitchen and replace the TMNT with a lower grade, I do all my work so that has big impact on the overall cost of a redo on the Kitchen. 

37 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Keep the tmnt 1. You bought it in the first place not the ff1. 

My thoughts exactly. How many TMNT 1's in high grade are you going to be able to afford later when the price hikes even more.

1st print TMNT 1s are legit rare, and especially rare in high grade. There are tons more FF1s in circulation by comparison. You have to do what's right for you and your wife,  but don't lose sight of that fact. Procuring another TMNT1 in similar condition will be no easy feat. 

Edited by profholt82