• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

404 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2021 at 6:53 PM, tth2 said:

If the Heritage International Art & Anime auction is any indication, prices are not softening. 

Some stunning prices on the Don Rosa pieces.  Wasn't paying that much attention to many other pieces, but there were no bargains among those that I was following either.

Was tracking the Rosa pieces too and they went for way more than I expected. A few other comic items I was tracking (with juice)

J. Buscema Thor 242 P. 27 - $4.5k

Byrne Uncanny X-Men 122 p. 6 - $35k

Eisner Contract With God p. 53 - $5.5k

Moebius John Difool 2 p. 46 - $13.7k 

Lauffray Star Wars Heir to the Empire 1 painted cover - $143.75k (1st Thrawn which everyone is expecting to show up in the SW cinematic universe soon)

Mac Raboy Flash Gordon 1963 Sunday - $2.75k

I'm no anime expert, but was I wrong in thinking the offerings were pretty poor this time around?  Not on par at all with what they had in June.  The catalogue they sent me a few weeks ago was underwhelming and I didn't really track much this auction.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:04 AM, Bronty said:

I love Rosa, but the blank word bubbles were such a turn off for me personally.

Agreed.  I was hoping that they'd be a turn off for others too, but apparently not.  I guess collectors would just put acetate over the art with the word balloons filled in.

On 10/4/2021 at 4:57 AM, szav said:

I'm no anime expert, but was I wrong in thinking the offerings were pretty poor this time around?  Not on par at all with what they had in June.  The catalogue they sent me a few weeks ago was underwhelming and I didn't really track much this auction.

The last auction was exceptional.

This one was par for the course to below average.