• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

404 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 9:08 AM, Timely said:

Should go for $140-165k.

My thoughts were over 100k was guaranteed given recent results but given 

1. Spiderman action in every panel

2.  Big time villain

3.  Classic issue

4.  Full page width for the last panel

Over $165k would not shock me but I like your range.

On 7/22/2021 at 11:53 AM, batman_fan said:

My thoughts were over 100k was guaranteed given recent results but given 

1. Spiderman action in every panel

2.  Big time villain

3.  Classic issue

4.  Full page width for the last panel

Over $165k would not shock me but I like your range.

Looking at the page more closely, there are only two panels where you can see Spidey’s face, and two panels show Spidey’s backside (one of which has a teeny, tiny image of Spidey)

overall, a nice page, but not from a ‘ classic’ issue and personally, I prefer the ASM 34 page which sold a few months ago for $144K.  It is the superior battle page

On 7/22/2021 at 11:32 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Looking at the page more closely, there are only two panels where you can see Spidey’s face, and two panels show Spidey’s backside (one of which has a teeny, tiny image of Spidey)

overall, a nice page, but not from a ‘ classic’ issue and personally, I prefer the ASM 34 page which sold a few months ago for $144K.  It is the superior battle page

I think they are on par with each other.

Both Sandman & Kraven are A- to B+ villains.

The ASM #34 page had the cover image which was nice.  It is also a full battle page!

This page has the 1/3rd splash at the bottom which is great.  It isn't easy to find those 1/3rd Spider-Man Ditko splashes, ESPECIALLY on a full battle page! You also get sound effects on every panel! WHUMP! WHAM! THUD! BAM! POW!

What more could ya ask for I tells ya!?!

Edited by Timely

On 7/22/2021 at 1:37 PM, Timely said:

The ASM #34 page had the cover image which was nice.  It is also a full battle page!

This page has the 1/3rd splash at the bottom which is great.  It isn't easy to find those 1/3rd Spider-Man Ditko splashes, ESPECIALLY on a full battle page! You also get sound effects on every panel! WHUMP! WHAM! THUD! BAM! POW!

I could ask for bidders to look at it as a “so-so” low quality page and adjust their bidding accordingly.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:37 PM, Timely said:

West, I can appreciate your love for Ditko Spidey, but methinks you’re really stretching it by trying to state that both pages are on par.  My 2 cents.

On 7/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, Timely said:

Should go for $140-165k.

That's a fantastic page.  A reprint of ASM #18 was one of the first 5 or 6 Spidey stories I ever read.  I missed the next month's reprint of #19 and didn't find out what happened until much later when I bought an original copy.  The 18 was so different from what you would see in most any other comics.   When a page from 18 came up for sale years ago with Spidey literally calling the cops for help instead of fighting himself I fully intended to buy it but that was pre-internet bidding and I missed the phone call when it came up. 

On 7/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, Timely said:

Should go for $140-165k.

West maybe North of that estimate. Freaking awesome page. Although your estimate is not chump change.

Actually ASM 18 is a highly regarded issue by Spider-Man collectors. It exemplifies everything that Peter Parker and Spider-Man are all about.

Another exciting auction awaits us.

On 7/22/2021 at 2:56 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

West, I can appreciate your love for Ditko Spidey, but methinks you’re really stretching it by trying to state that both pages are on par.  My 2 cents.

I can agree to disagree. That’s what makes art interesting. It’s all objective. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

On 7/23/2021 at 3:37 AM, Timely said:

You also get sound effects on every panel! WHUMP! WHAM! THUD! BAM! POW!

How cool would it be if there were a primordial "Snikt!"?

On 7/23/2021 at 7:50 AM, G.A.tor said:

I’d wager the winner of the 34 page will win the 18 page as well. Knowing them like I do, I sure would if I were them 

:cry: there goes my hope of having the high bid for a full week

On 7/23/2021 at 11:56 AM, batman_fan said:

I like this one too.  Any thoughts on final Hammer?

32E205BD-E802-4EA4-B3C8-652CB85BDABD.jpeg

Wow.  My condolences to the family, someone must have died for that beauty to come into the open.  Later trade dress will have no effect on the value here, IMO.  Easy $100K plus vig.  David