• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

404 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Carlo M said:

Surely one of the top 5 Kirby FF covers.  Anybody cares to draw up a list?

OK - I will give it a go - in no order:

51 - This Man this Monster

58 - The dismal dregs of defeat!

72 - Where soars the Silver Surfer!

82 - Inhumans

86 - The Victims

Honourable mention: 87 - Possibly the most off-beat ending of the year! (pure genius, IMHO)

3 hours ago, Carlo M said:

OK - I will give it a go - in no order:

51 - This Man this Monster

58 - The dismal dregs of defeat!

72 - Where soars the Silver Surfer!

82 - Inhumans

86 - The Victims

Honourable mention: 87 - Possibly the most off-beat ending of the year! (pure genius, IMHO)

It definitely has to be up there on the list and for top covers

On 7/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, batman_fan said:

No picture posted yet, but this one should go crazy high, especially in this environment.  For me, this one has it all

1.  Kirby Fantastic Four - doesn’t get more iconic

2.  Huge image of Doctor Doom in a menacing pose

3.  Entire FF team including Crystal

CC461164-308B-498D-B983-FD884CB0B50B.jpeg

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhh killer

8 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Finally someone mentions FF 60! If that's not on everyone's top 5 list, you're doing it wrong!:sumo:

82 and 60 are terrific!   I like 58 a lot as well

What are people thinking for an ending result?    Is 300-500k crazy in the current market?   I'd rather have this than the conan 2 and lobo 1 covers put together (which went 400+ combined).   Compare to Xmen 268 cover at 300k as well.

Edited by Bronty

19 minutes ago, Bronty said:

What are people thinking for an ending result?    Is 300-500k crazy in the current market?   I'd rather have this than the conan 2 and lobo 1 covers put together (which went 400+ combined).   Compare to Xmen 268 cover at 300k as well.

I could envision it hammering in that range.  If it were twice up, definitely

I tried to pick a top 5 and just gave up. Kirby had so many awesome FF covers, early to late. He got more polished in the middle of the run, but those early ones are magic, too. 7,8, 11,12, big ol’ etc. It started on Yancy Street. Man, I’d give up a huge portion of my collection to own any. 

11 hours ago, stinkininkin said:

Finally someone mentions FF 60! If that's not on everyone's top 5 list, you're doing it wrong!:sumo:

You can’t see Doom or Ben’s face. The face is the most interesting part of each characters design. Major strike for me, hiding the best part.  Plus the angle of the floor they are standing on doesn’t make sense to me when compared to their feet.