• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

September HA Auction Looking interesting
1 1

404 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 3:07 AM, RBerman said:
On 7/24/2021 at 2:38 AM, wurstisart said:

Maybe totally silly asking this, but is there a first appearance of „snikt“ ? What book ?

Surprisingly early: GSXM #1

giantsizexmen1snikt.jpg.d2370c8d08d3c43d68e85e571e976095.jpg

But points deducted because only one claw.

J. Evans Pritchard would've loved this hobby!

Intrigued to see what the description of this one will be. Signed by Kirby, but isn't this Romita? Then again it looks like the coloring is by Kirby.  I know those Marvelmania posters have oddball stories behind them, and that there are several versions of this (one definitely by Jack and one definitely by JR), but I am fuzzy on the details.

marvelmania poster.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 9:55 PM, Taylor G said:
On 7/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, tth2 said:

J. Evans Pritchard would've loved this hobby!

Are you saying that appreciating comic art is like laying pipe?

I'm just waiting for someone to write an algorithm for pricing OA.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:19 PM, glendgold said:

Intrigued to see what the description of this one will be. Signed by Kirby, but isn't this Romita? Then again it looks like the coloring is by Kirby.  I know those Marvelmania posters have oddball stories behind them, and that there are several versions of this (one definitely by Jack and one definitely by JR), but I am fuzzy on the details.

marvelmania poster.jpg

From looking up the Spidey poster online and comparing the two I'd say that it is the published piece done by Romita but with his sig for whatever reason being a stat that fell off with the outline of it still visible in the bottom left corner. If I had to guess I'd say Kirby was commissioned by a former owner of the piece to color it after it was published. That's a pretty amazing combo for a published image of an A-list character in all his glory. Will be watching this one.