• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

461 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm sure he is embroiled in an argument about climate change.  

But seriously, if we close down, we should ask the mods about transitioning to  a discord, reddit page or some some other forum

Oh please not a subReddit. Reddit is pretty horrible. Upside is it'd be easy to do, and free. Downside is, it's Reddit. 

I don't think Discord would be suitable for our needs either. 

44 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Hopefully if that were the case we'd be able to pool our resources and donations and be able to make our own boards to keep this wonderful community alive. 

Just you know, nobody tell Kav the new address. :devil:

42 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm sure he is embroiled in an argument about climate change.  

But seriously, if we close down, we should ask the mods about transitioning to  a discord, reddit page or some some other forum

One week suspension / politics / it’s getting warmer thread - he sent me a message.  

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Funnybooks said:

Blackstone shill :gossip:

Its already starting!!!!

I work for a firm that was bought by a VC. All they want to do is make money. If you're making them their money, they do not care about you. 

25 minutes ago, csaag said:

quoted from an article

"Mark Salzberg, CCG's founder, and Steven R. Eichenbaum, CCG's CEO, will retain a significant minority stake"

so they're not running off

dinesh at valiant entertainment held minority state too. look what happened to him.

As long as they give us fair warning that they're shutting down the forum should it come to that, fair enough. That at least gives us time to organise a way to get a list together of people interested in staying in touch with each other, and working on a solution, whatever that may be. 

But who knows if it'll come to that. That's very premature thinking. I'm just thinking of the stereotypical venture capitalists. Maybe they're the nice ones? 

5 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I work for a firm that was bought by a VC. All they want to do is make money. If you're making them their money, they do not care about you. 

That depends on what their goal is for your company.

We were making money (yes, I saw the books), until they bought us and started squeezing the customers, which caused them to flee, so instead of fixing their overly aggressive price hikes and added fees, they cut hours and then the layoffs started.

Edited by D84

4 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

As long as they give us fair warning that they're shutting down the forum should it come to that, fair enough. That at least gives us time to organise a way to get a list together of people interested in staying in touch with each other, and working on a solution, whatever that may be. 

But who knows if it'll come to that. That's very premature thinking. I'm just thinking of the stereotypical venture capitalists. Maybe they're the nice ones? 

Nice VC is an oxymoron

19 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Oh please not a subReddit. Reddit is pretty horrible. Upside is it'd be easy to do, and free. Downside is, it's Reddit. 

I don't think Discord would be suitable for our needs either. 

Agreed but it's better then nothing if we are shut down since we provide no profit...