• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

461 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, BabyAteMyDingo said:

For my two cents:

Don't ever forget WE are the market. They will only be as successful as we allow them to be. I love my books before money, mates. Remind them WE are the foundation. We don't work for THEM. THEY work for US. If submissions dry up, they will be holding the bag.

And me Pappa told me "NEVER put all the eggs in one basket."

Don't ever forget Kewl Books, though. 

19 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

Could of been worse, Disney could have bought CGC.

Behind the scenes Amusement Park Ride would be cool. From what I read about quality control, that part of the ride would turn Space Mountain-ish.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm sure he is embroiled in an argument about climate change.  

But seriously, if we close down, we should ask the mods about transitioning to  a discord, reddit page or some some other forum

They have no reason to close it down.  When I was working in printing, and we were bought out by RR Donnelley, the talk of the shop was that they bought a company so they could shut it down...it never happened, yet they ended up selling the place, which the new owners just ended up selling it again just recently!  Glad i quit 2 years ago  

2 hours ago, D84 said:

I worked at a place that was bought buy a venture capital firm. The place went to :censored: fast. Customers were treated like ATM machines, and employees became expendable very quickly.

Yes because CGC has never seen us as ATM machines for the past 20 years...

I've had a somewhat similar experience (but different field) happen recently.  In late 2019, my veterinarian (of 24 years) told me her practice would be under "new management"  come 2020. When I asked her what that meant, she said she decided to sell the business to a company which would allow her more time to deal with pet care and not have to worry about the business side of things.  Flash forward to January 2021.  After bringing one of my dogs in for treatment, said vet told me she hated the place, selling the practice was a huge mistake, and that she was going to retire in May (which she did). 

The practice has since been renamed and where there three vets at one time, there is now only one.  And she is not full-time.  One of my dogs has been vomiting off and on.  I called them today and asked if could get someone to check out my pooch.  The receptionist told me there were no vets on duty today and that she would have to call me back tomorrow regarding availability. Either that, or take my dog to the local pet ER clinic.  Oh and the vet that stayed, she's not back until 7/13 and she's already booked up.

Time to find a new vet clinic.

Then I see the e-mail today about CCG being bought out.  A coincidence?  Most certainly.  I certainly hope history doesn't repeat itself here.