• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blackstone's Majority Acquisition of CCG
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this.

I get CCG is a business at the end of the day but Blackstone is literally buying up as many houses as possible across the nation for permanent rentals.

We will end up with an entire generation that will no longer be able to ever afford a home and will be rental serfs the rest of their lives...

Literally talking about letting those guys call the shots at CCG now.

I would much prefer a company that cares about what they are doing and not one that has to now adhere to the almighty "$hareholders" or whatever Blackstone is to CCG now.

Don't like it.

14 hours ago, Toybot said:

Honestly I don't know how I feel about this.

I get CCG is a business at the end of the day but Blackstone is literally buying up as many houses as possible across the nation for permanent rentals.

We will end up with an entire generation that will no longer be able to ever afford a home and will be rental serfs the rest of their lives...

Literally talking about letting those guys call the shots at CCG now.

I would much prefer a company that cares about what they are doing and not one that has to now adhere to the almighty "$hareholders" or whatever Blackstone is to CCG now.

Don't like it.

First they will keep the zoomer generation homeless and permanent rental payers forever,  next they will raise prices for grading.  The ol' one two punch

On 7/1/2021 at 3:19 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Wait till you see the next price increase. Gonna be like 30000% increase.....

The last price increase could have been part of this deal...

CGC: 'look, told you they'd pay more!'

Heck, CGC continues to treat their core clientele worse and worse and everyone keeps coming back for more.  From Blackstone's perspective that sounds like a great investment.

Still plenty of collectibles left to be graded and tons to be made by the grading company.  Why not charge more when people are paying tens and hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars for items with that label up top.

The typical average customer is very soon to be bent over big time.

Edited by Iconic1s

4 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Heck, CGC continues to treat their core clientele worse and worse and everyone keeps coming back for more.  From Blackstone's perspective that sounds like a great investment.

Still plenty of collectibles left to be graded and tons to be made by the grading company.  Why not charge more when people are paying tens and hundreds of thousands, millions of dollars for items with that label up top.

So you're saying we're in an abusive relationship with CGC? Sounds accurate tbh.

33 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:
40 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

Expand  

So you're saying we're in an abusive relationship with CGC? Sounds accurate tbh.

200-1.gif.20327487db8f78368102fdcfcd83b491.gif