• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do I send in the Certificate of Authenticity with my submission?

14 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Greatwhite said:

If you want the COA sealed with the book you would be best to contact CGC directly. 

CGC will not seal loose material in the slab with a book. If you send in the COA, it will probably be discarded. Keep the COA. Assuming you store your slabs in slab-bags, put the COA in that when you get the slab back.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:20 PM, Calm-Mix said:

I have an Iron Fist Heart of the dragon Gabriele Dell Otto Virgin variant with a COA. Do I need to send in the COA with the comic or keep it?

Thanks!

Calm-Mix, did you send your book to be graded without the COA?  Any issues not sending the COA? I have a similar book.  Variant with COA.  

On 2/5/2022 at 9:55 PM, The-Collector said:

Don't send the COA. Keep it and when you get the book back put it with the slab. 

Agreed.

In 2021 I sent in one book that had a COA. Then placed it and the original sleeve in back of the slab's sleeve when I got the book back.  Logically I don't understand the COA in the case of my book. I mean it's pretty obvious what it is if one has the book in hand.

Buffy1-2.thumb.jpg.b6a6249fe7e3361f4a1111c0e4b75c44.jpgBuffy1-2cert.thumb.jpg.c47e3404a4b3ddcc72d265e4886b701c.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 6:00 AM, AmandaRenee85 said:

I sent a comic in for grading with the COA - they sent it back inside the bag with the graded comic.

this happened to me once as well I think.  It's not something you can rely on, but it does happen a decent amount of the time.  But either way, the advice to give would be to not send in the COA to CGC because it has no value to them, and there's no guarantee they send it back to you.