• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst cover ever
3 3

275 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 4:23 PM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Boring. If people think this is art, then buy it.

I won't spend a dime on this drek, or this variant done to death era we are in.

On 9/22/2021 at 4:32 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Sums up exactly what I feel about his art now. I really liked JR JR’s art back in the 80s, but when he changed to this style in the early 90s, I just started to find it extremely boring and couldn’t engage with it at all.  A shame.

Boring for sure.

And the same ol' rain shot on a rooftop to boot. I'm sure has nothing to do with the story either.

What I can understand is the noodle he has for a right leg. Those arms be a little rubbery to boot.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:47 AM, kav said:

I call BS on this also:

Screenshot 2021-09-23 7.46.34 PM.png

I hadn’t noticed that.

I’d been almost immediately bored into total indifference.

On 9/24/2021 at 3:09 AM, Juno Beach said:

Oh man, I thought this was a parody. So terrible. I love he has to scream SPLIT! for his powers to work. Would gagging him be his undoing?

No. Sadly it’s a combination of lapse of copyright on a super-hero name and attempted exploitation of that by a bunch of hacks. He even has a kid sidekick called Billy Baxton, just to emphasise the level of imagination and creativity brought to this project. Hard to believe that Carl Burgos, the creator of The Human Torch, was responsible.

Edited by Ken Aldred