• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst cover ever
3 3

275 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
30 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

I love how you can see the photgrapher in the background...like who looked at this and said "Yup, that will sell well!"

I never noticed that before!

:juggle:

Okay, who wants to tell them?

2 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Sure looks like someone opened the door and taking a picture of him changing into his costume. Isn't that the point of the cover that Parker is being found out that he is Spider-man?

I would have to re read the issue to know if that notion plays a roll in the story  

2 minutes ago, catman76 said:

Yep it does....

XPQ3hka_m7ehuyRQgi29FaT5-8rPCmOGzqxUtYsN

Hmm then it’s less terrible but even still it always stood out as annoying to me. I just am not a fan of photo covers really. Be it this or something like that Sub Mariner ish where he is drawn but the background is a photograph….hate it

Edited by comicginger1789

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Hmm then it’s less terrible but even still it always stood out as annoying to me. I just am not a fan of photo covers really. Be it this or something like that Sub Mariner ish where he is drawn but the background is a photograph….hate it

I agree, the cover is crappy and I don't think photo covers belong on comics at all.

8 hours ago, catman76 said:

I like the art a lot. What I hate is everything else, the logo and everything that looks like someone spent ten seconds doing it in microsoft paint.

Covers and art period that I really don't like is anything by alex ross who has the most boring comic art ever. He has no style,nothing. It all looks like just painted over photographs, no imagination, no creativity, all his expressions and poses are all way too realistic and booooooring....

Captain_America_Sam_Wilson_7_Ross_Varian

Someone can actually dislike Alex Ross’ work? I didn’t think that was possible. :o

6 hours ago, catman76 said:

Doesn't this cover just make you want to buy this comic and get you excited to read it? haha

bb.jpg.e669c7f82c505cc64512e5bfd478cbde.jpg

5 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Your Generals and Admirals could have given up some of their makeup budget to help the war effort. How much did they spend on blush alone? 

Yup.  It was a source of intense jealousy amongst their British counterparts during the war, as it wasn’t until the end of rationing over here in the 1950s that ours could, at last, look just as fabulous.

3 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Also reminds me of this brilliant synth band…

maxresdefault-3.jpg

Great album.

Got to see them live. Great to check them off my list for historical reasons, but considering their whole thing is literally standing completely still, their show is (or was, at least, when I saw them) pretty dull. 

1 hour ago, HotKey said:

No thread like this is complete without this.

rob-liefeld3.jpg

Objection! This was never a cover. It was just a promotional piece. :whistle:

7 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Got to see them live. Great to check them off my list for historical reasons, but considering their whole thing is literally standing completely still, their show is (or was, at least, when I saw them) pretty dull. 

I can imagine.  I’ve only ever seen the live concerts on TV, which was good enough for me.  They did look like four suited accountants standing behind laptops.

Not exactly Rammstein.

Edited by Ken Aldred