• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the will-never-be-for-sale-box books
1 1

43 posts in this topic

This is the only comic I have left from when I originally collected as a kid. My comic buying days started in the 30-35 cent range in the Bronze Age. However, I met a kid in summer school (I was a troublemaker and so was he), who also loved comics. I can't remember what I traded him, but I got the book below. The last comics I bought in phase 1 of my collecting were dated Sept. 1979. By 1980-81, I needed money to buy a guitar, so I sold all of my comics for cover price (thought I did pretty good too), except, I kept the one below ... just that ONE comic. I started buying comics again sometime in 1985. I remembered that the friend I got this from had some other comics and when I contacted him, he still did. I got a Spider-Man 18 & 51 from him. I upgraded the 18 and sold his old copy but I still have the 51. He passed away at a rather young age (33), so I'll always keep those 2 books. 

Iron Man 4 raw.jpg