• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Not a perfect movie but I liked it..." - where are these perfect movies?
10 10

258 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2022 at 9:31 AM, LowGradeBronze said:

Big Lebowski

Uncut Gems

Big Lebowski - agreed. So much fun!

Uncut Gems. I just don't get the fascination with this movie. So dark and depressing the deeper he spiralled down the rabbit hole.

On 8/17/2022 at 4:32 AM, Bosco685 said:

What's the latest 'perfect movies'?

despite your first post in this thread Winter Soldier is one for me, and it is still my favorite hero film made. I think the story is so well written compared to what we are given today that I can overlook whatever faults it may have. The story, the characters stay true to who they are, the soundtrack is amazing ( I get chills when the Winter Soldier theme plays ).

As to the faults you mentioned:

Maybe the Winter Soldier was air dropped to the bridge, do we need to be shown that, i don't.

It is possible the cutting thing used by Fury only works on inorganic matter so it couldn't be used as a weapon. Perhaps he had to turn it to a setting for metal then changed it to concrete for the second cut. I can even say as a positive that it makes you think "How does that device work?" where if that is the fault of the film I will very happily take it over questioning why did they make Thor ride Stormbreaker like a witches broom???:facepalm:

Cool thread !

On 7/6/2021 at 2:15 PM, Bosco685 said:

And if this laser was that powerful, why not point it at Winter Soldier and cut him in half? It was powerful enough to slice through feet of construction, rebar and all.

I like to think that it requires a massive amount of power to do that in such a small device so its a one-time use thing. Battery dead in 30 seconds. Like my old cell phone with the flashlight on high.

On 8/17/2022 at 9:46 AM, Artboy99 said:

despite your first post in this thread Winter Soldier is one for me, and it is still my favorite hero film made. I think the story is so well written compared to what we are given today that I can overlook whatever faults it may have. The story, the characters stay true to who they are, the soundtrack is amazing ( I get chills when the Winter Soldier theme plays ).

+1.  For me it is the best MCU film, and it is right up there at my list of top films.

On 8/18/2022 at 7:13 AM, media_junkie said:

+1.  For me it is the best MCU film, and it is right up there at my list of top films.

Same for me. The best of the best in the MCU.

Great casting, fantastic story, wonderful cinematography, soundtrack that enhances the story, and even the end credits summarizing all that we witnessed made it a great experience from beginning to end.

But when people whip out the 'perfect movies' standards selectively, they forget if you allow it every movie has some flaws.

On 8/19/2022 at 6:32 AM, ganni said:

The 80's

The Blues Brothers

Blade Runner

Split Second

Big Trouble in Little China

Split Second was nowhere near close to being perfect. And not an 80’s movie either. But I enjoyed it.