• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any guesses what this might fetch? Byrne XMEN battle page w Wolverine!

117 posts in this topic

If the link doesn’t work it appears to be on CAF if you search Byrne. It’s in an upcoming Comiclink auction. I think it’ll be a new record for a Byrne X-Men panel page…hard to top that one!

Edited by gumbydarnit

One Million Dollars Meme Austin Powers

Don’t forget X-Men 109 is the first appearance of Weapon Alpha. So you get a birth issue tax, a Wolverine tax and finally the claws out tax.

Think about this… is this page worth 3x a Larsen AMS panel page? In the old days you’d say heck yeah… nowadays?!?

This will be a wild auction!

Edited by gumbydarnit

$40-50K is so 2018 IMO. I would be surprised if this one doesn't do $60K at a minimum. I'll put down $65K as my official guess, but, would frankly not be surprised to see higher (potentially much higher) based on the kind of offers I'm seeing/hearing/getting for things like Byrne X-Men pages with heavy Wolvie content and Miller Daredevil pages with Elektra in the private market. 2c 

42 minutes ago, delekkerste said:

$40-50K is so 2018 IMO. I would be surprised if this one doesn't do $60K at a minimum. I'll put down $65K as my official guess, but, would frankly not be surprised to see higher (potentially much higher) based on the kind of offers I'm seeing/hearing/getting for things like Byrne X-Men pages with heavy Wolvie content and Miller Daredevil pages with Elektra in the private market. 2c 

I think it blows past $50k in the "discovery/thrill/marker/whydoesn'tclinkletmetracklots" bidding time period.

My guess....$80k. It's has all the boxes checked for a massive fight to the death for bidders. With the amount of mundane pages, or almost great but not quite pages, and head scratching results lately in the $40-60k range this one is about as blue chip a lead-pipe lock of a page as you could possibly ask for in an auction setting. 

4 minutes ago, comix4fun said:

I think it blows past $50k in the "discovery/thrill/marker/whydoesn'tclinkletmetracklots" bidding time period.

My guess....$80k. It's has all the boxes checked for a massive fight to the death for bidders. With the amount of mundane pages, or almost great but not quite pages, and head scratching results lately in the $40-60k range this one is about as blue chip a lead-pipe lock of a page as you could possibly ask for in an auction setting. 

Makes sense.  It would be far less shocking to me for this to hit $100K than to go sub-$50K, frankly. 

1 minute ago, delekkerste said:

Makes sense.  It would be far less shocking to me for this to hit $100K than to go sub-$50K, frankly. 

That's exactly my thinking. 

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

makes sense to me too.   I actually went "wow" when the image opened up, and I am not a x-men fan. 

if you like back-of-Wolverine's-head pages! :sumo:

Dunno can’t think of many more Byrne X-Men pages I’d rather have… PLUS a KEY page to the Wolverine history, Canada wants his hero back is a big part of the Wolverine story. This is soooo an A level page in my book, BUT I’m not a high roller who could drive the price up.