• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berkeley Comic Show August 7with new location
1 1

77 posts in this topic

All in all it was a fun show. I'm hoping they are able to get the old location back (or even a larger area then the old venue) it was tight. I think alot of books traded hand from what I could tell and after the first wave of people cleared out a little I was able to see most of what was in the rooms that I wanted to see. 

On 8/8/2021 at 9:17 AM, JWKyle said:

All in all it was a fun show. I'm hoping they are able to get the old location back (or even a larger area then the old venue) it was tight. I think alot of books traded hand from what I could tell and after the first wave of people cleared out a little I was able to see most of what was in the rooms that I wanted to see. 

Thank YOU for all your help my friend!

You're referring to board member EdgerX's famous $3 pile. Usually it's spread out, but he had it all boxed up and in order this time. He had to split space with board member HarvDoss.

We'll be announcing fall dates for the old location soon and it has twice as many comics. Kudos to the fans for withstanding old school crowded conditions (or old San Diego at noon on a Saturday) and to the vendors for loading in up a long, winding ramp.

We've definitely trained everyone to bring $10 cash to get in the door so the line just flies.

The Shortboxed setup was dreamy and so professional. They are really going places. The Terry selection was dreamy too and it was kind of just his alternate stock.I did miss A-1 having all the longboxes of silver bronze raws. If you liked the Lee's Comics booth, that was pretty much just his latest batch he's processed on the wall and everything else pulled from his ebay stock, so check out his ebay store. He's a board member too.

On 8/8/2021 at 6:29 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

Omigod Pov, I love this new genre, drop the piano covers.

You know Marc it is weird. Everyone I showed these books to made some interesting remark about the piano cover. Makes me wonder if there are "piano drop cover" collectors out there. Maybe a "piano drop cover" checklist. hm

On 8/8/2021 at 7:43 PM, PovertyRow said:

You know Marc it is weird. Everyone I showed these books to made some interesting remark about the piano cover. Makes me wonder if there are "piano drop cover" collectors out there. Maybe a "piano drop cover" checklist. hm

I am a piano fan :banana:

piano sexy.jpg

It was nice to go back to a show for the first time in a couple of years.  I do hope you guys will be able to get your old location (or a different location) soon though.  It was uncomfortably tight near some booths - getting around in the back front room especially was a giant pain and I know there are vendors whose books I did not look at as thoroughly as I would have liked because of it.  Did help that masks were enforced.

As always though, a great value and great show.  Usual great selection of quality dealers and was able to find some great deals (after getting over sticker shock from 2021 wall book prices).   Looking forward to the next one! (thumbsu

What great, varied pickups!

Everyone wanted us to do a show ASAP and we were so sad that no venues were available to us for a late June show, followed by early August. The regular venue at the adult school is opening up rentals starting Sept. 1 and we are discussing dates with them for more fall shows. Announcement soon, I'm pretty sure.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:59 PM, HouseofComics.Com said:

The Shortboxed setup was dreamy and so professional. They are really going places. The Terry selection was dreamy too and it was kind of just his alternate stock.I did miss A-1 having all the longboxes of silver bronze raws. If you liked the Lee's Comics booth, that was pretty much just his latest batch he's processed on the wall and everything else pulled from his ebay stock, so check out his ebay store. He's a board member too.

Glad to see Lee still dealing in the world of comics.  That was my home LCS for a LONG time and it was a bummer when he closed up at the beginning of the pandemic.