• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Skybound X Discussion Thread!
2 2

108 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 11:33 PM, bigclutch said:

I mean, since the Rick Grimes 2000 story continues from issue 75, I'd think it deserves a spot on the registry. :)

I absolutely agree but I think we should wait for the reveal from Skybound that the entire Rick Grimes 2000 saga will be printed together from start to finish in one complete issue!  :banana:

Or when it becomes an ongoing :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck: (a guy can dream lol)

On 7/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, bigclutch said:

I don't recall the print run of the Clem cover, but we got 250 copies in 9.8 and that's great. I'm sure there are comps out there that might pump the number up if they get graded. And if the leftovers from CGC make it out, there could be a few more, though I think they're mostly rejects. 

The raw copies will be sold during CVL on 8/13. We'll be showing them off this week on my social channels.

Hey BC @bigclutch, can you clarify your comment?  Do you mean that the Skybound X connecting covers will be on 8/13 as raw books?  Will they be sold in a set?

On 7/27/2021 at 8:58 AM, BladeTX said:

Hey BC @bigclutch, can you clarify your comment?  Do you mean that the Skybound X connecting covers will be on 8/13 as raw books?  Will they be sold in a set?

No this was talking about the Yoshi Yoani Clem cover.  Earlier post Ryan asked about print run and what happened to the raw copies.  Normally pre-screen rejects are shredded, looks like this cover they will be made available through CVL.  Likely with the caveat that they were NOT 9.8.  See Ryan's post below.

On 7/24/2021 at 9:31 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

The Yoshi Yoani cover version of the Skybound X #1 Comics Vault Live Editions hit the census finally!  Looks like we have 250 graded copies!   I think it's odd that with the thicker cardstock covers that there are no 9.9's or higher for these but it looks like every single issue graded in at 9.8 which is awesome!  

Does this mean these are the only 250 copies coming to market?  Or will other raw/graded copies emerge at a later point?  Hey Shawn - any info you can give us on these would be appreciated!  @bigclutch

Hopefully this means they'll be shipping soon, too! :wishluck:

CGC Census - Search Results

Title Skybound X
Issue No. 1
Issue Date 7/21
Year 2021
Publisher Image/Skybound
Country  
Key Comments Yoshi Yoani cover
Art Comments Robert Kirkman, James Harren,, Chris Dingess & Tillie Walden stories, Ottley, Harren, Roberts & Walden art
Country/Variant - Comics Vault Live Edition
  Grade Universal Qualified Signature Series Restored
See Detail
  Total
Mint   10.0 0 0 0 0   0
Mint   9.9 0 0 0 0   0
Near Mint/Mint   9.8 250 0 0 0   250
Near Mint +   9.6 0 0 0 0   0
Near Mint   9.4 0 0 0 0   0
Near Mint -   9.2 0 0 0 0   0
Very Fine/Near Mint   9.0 0 0 0 0   0
Very Fine +   8.5 0 0 0 0   0
Very Fine   8.0 0 0 0 0   0
Very Fine -   7.5 0 0 0 0   0
Fine/Very Fine   7.0 0 0 0 0   0
Fine +   6.5 0 0 0 0   0
Fine   6.0 0 0 0 0   0
Fine -   5.5 0 0 0 0   0
Very Good/Fine   5.0 0 0 0 0   0
Very Good +   4.5 0 0 0 0   0
Very Good   4.0 0 0 0 0   0
Very Good -   3.5 0 0 0 0   0
Good/Very Good   3.0 0 0 0 0   0
Good +   2.5 0 0 0 0   0
Good   2.0 0 0 0 0   0
Good -   1.8 0 0 0 0   0
Fair/Good   1.5 0 0 0 0   0
Fair   1.0 0 0 0 0   0
Poor   0.5 0 0 0 0   0
../images/pc_reddot.gif
  Total 250 0 0 0   250

There has not been much released about the connecting covers other than them being amazing covers, which I 100% believe.  BC did say they would be sold as a set though.  Not sure if it will be raw or graded.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:34 AM, Crops068 said:

No this was talking about the Yoshi Yoani Clem cover.  Earlier post Ryan asked about print run and what happened to the raw copies.  Normally pre-screen rejects are shredded, looks like this cover they will be made available through CVL.  Likely with the caveat that they were NOT 9.8.  See Ryan's post below.

There has not been much released about the connecting covers other than them being amazing covers, which I 100% believe.  BC did say they would be sold as a set though.  Not sure if it will be raw or graded.

:wishluck: for already graded copies!

On 7/27/2021 at 10:13 AM, Crops068 said:

While I absolutely agree, cost is going to be a huge factor for 5 books at once.

Even if sold separately, all at one time, it's going to be a pretty big hit for the completists out there.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:34 AM, Crops068 said:

I'm not sure.  In the reply that BC replied to Ryan, he asked this question:

Also - do we know when the connecting Skybound X cover will be sold in a CVL or on the site?  I'm guessing it'll be after issue 5 comes out but thought I'd ask if you can give us that info, too (if you can).

So I'm still not sure it he was talking about raw Clementine beyond the 250 graded or the connecting covers.  He mentioned showing them off in social channels but we know what this book looks like already, making me think this could be the connecting covers.  Given raw books have never been sold on CVL before, is this a sale of many raw books previously sold graded?  Are these raw new books from inventory or the sub-9.8 rejects?  Important info to know; I guess we'll learn more as 8/13 approaches.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:53 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

:wishluck: for already graded copies!

They will be raw.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:54 AM, BladeTX said:

I'm not sure.  In the reply that BC replied to Ryan, he asked this question:

Also - do we know when the connecting Skybound X cover will be sold in a CVL or on the site?  I'm guessing it'll be after issue 5 comes out but thought I'd ask if you can give us that info, too (if you can).

So I'm still not sure it he was talking about raw Clementine beyond the 250 graded or the connecting covers.  He mentioned showing them off in social channels but we know what this book looks like already, making me think this could be the connecting covers.  Given raw books have never been sold on CVL before, is this a sale of many raw books previously sold graded?  Are these raw new books from inventory or the sub-9.8 rejects?  Important info to know; I guess we'll learn more as 8/13 approaches.

So I stand corrected, it might have been about SBX Connecting.

On 7/27/2021 at 11:22 AM, bigclutch said:

They will be sold as a raw set of all 5 covers during CVL on the 13th.

AWESOME!!  Thanks BC.   If these are anywhere near as cool as the buzz, the will be a must have for sure!

On 7/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, BladeTX said:

AWESOME!!  Thanks BC.   If these are anywhere near as cool as the buzz, the will be a must have for sure!

I cannot wait to see these connecting covers.  I bet they are going to be smokin!!

On 7/27/2021 at 12:22 PM, bigclutch said:

They will be sold as a raw set of all 5 covers during CVL on the 13th.

Awesome, Shawn!  Do you know if we'll be limited to purchasing only one set?

Also, will there be multiple versions of the sets, a la regular print then sketch or foil prints?  I know you may not can reveal that part yet but if you can it would help me prep my wallet lol 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:17 PM, Crops068 said:

That is something I will have to get!

And @Sensei Ryan it will be 9.8 graded.

I’m in too.  Gotta land the rarest of the TWD DLX 19’s where I got printed 😎.   Pink Foil…. Mother F’n PINK FOIL!!! 💘💘💘

Edited by BladeTX

On 7/27/2021 at 1:16 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Awesome, Shawn!  Do you know if we'll be limited to purchasing only one set?

Also, will there be multiple versions of the sets, a la regular print then sketch or foil prints?  I know you may not can reveal that part yet but if you can it would help me prep my wallet lol 

There are only one versions of these. There's a foil treatment on them (of course). They'll be limited to 1 per order, but you can order more than one time.

On 7/28/2021 at 11:45 AM, bigclutch said:

There are only one versions of these. There's a foil treatment on them (of course). They'll be limited to 1 per order, but you can order more than one time.

Then order more than one time I shall my friend! :headbang:

Thank you for the update, Shawn!!!