• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Skybound X Discussion Thread!
2 2

108 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 12:27 PM, bigclutch said:

Here are the Tyler Kirkham (no relation) connecting covers of SBX 1-5 CVL.

121074520_SBXCVL1-5small.thumb.jpg.0b3ba01906a547109f047d52314cf59c.jpg

Hey @bigclutch... Can we get this in poster form like the Art Adams connecting covers from The Whisperer War?  Sans the logos of course.

On 7/29/2021 at 1:27 PM, bigclutch said:

Here are the Tyler Kirkham (no relation) connecting covers of SBX 1-5 CVL.

121074520_SBXCVL1-5small.thumb.jpg.0b3ba01906a547109f047d52314cf59c.jpg

just-when-i-think-im-out-they-pull-me-back-in.jpg.9bdb0ca342b58950c60c7032fb88017c.jpg

Just kidding!@ I don't think that I'll ever be out of collecting Walking Dead books lol ... especially for the ones that contain new or creative content!  

These covers look SICK! :headbang:  Thanks for the update, Shawn!!! @bigclutch

Did anyone else pick up issue 4 this week?  If so, what did you think?  Part 4 of Rick Grimes 2000 YASSSS!  Lots of new developments!  I noticed that at the end of the issue it said 'to be continued' and not 'to be concluded' in issue 5 which comes out next week - does this mean we may have more to come from Rick Grimes 2000????

See below for my fav cover of them all for issue #4 - that's no surprise, though, because I'm always gonna go with Adlard if his art is an option! :headbang:

SKYBOUNDX_4CVRF25COPYINCVB_WADLARD_MR_720x.jpg.c98b7c4cb8f477da55bdac2f23a3bbae.jpg

On 8/2/2021 at 6:38 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Did anyone else pick up issue 4 this week?  If so, what did you think?  Part 4 of Rick Grimes 2000 YASSSS!  Lots of new developments!  I noticed that at the end of the issue it said 'to be continued' and not 'to be concluded' in issue 5 which comes out next week - does this mean we may have more to come from Rick Grimes 2000????

See below for my fav cover of them all for issue #4 - that's no surprise, though, because I'm always gonna go with Adlard if his art is an option! :headbang:

SKYBOUNDX_4CVRF25COPYINCVB_WADLARD_MR_720x.jpg.c98b7c4cb8f477da55bdac2f23a3bbae.jpg

I'm gonna pick up issue 4 and 5 on Saturday, August 14 so hoping to avoid the spoilers 😂

On 7/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, BladeTX said:

Even if sold separately, all at one time, it's going to be a pretty big hit for the completists out there.

One of several good reasons to just put Skybound X in a set of its own.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:05 PM, StephenWA said:

One of several good reasons to just put Skybound X in a set of its own.

Turns out I was wrong.  They are selling all 5 raw for $100.  Only $20 a book and not the $79 per book if they were all pre-screened and graded CGC 9.8.  I think you are on the hook; BC said these should be in the full set.  Good luck with the hunt!

On 8/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, BladeTX said:

Turns out I was wrong.  They are selling all 5 raw for $100.  Only $20 a book and not the $79 per book if they were all pre-screened and graded CGC 9.8.  I think you are on the hook; BC said these should be in the full set.  Good luck with the hunt!

Dan and I got through the pre-screen and packout of all the books. We'll be sending them to our fulfillment center this week. Hopefully it won't take too long after the sale for them to ship.

On 8/9/2021 at 3:07 PM, JECEcollectibles said:

Cant fully see the picture but it looks like they did not call it out as her first appearance in the notes? Seriously?

That is very common with 1st appearances.  CGC takes time to get out the info before putting it on the label.  Robin King was a couple months, as an example.

I went heavy on issue 1 for the incentives and Clem appearance and purchased the CVL exclusive. Not really my cup of tea. This is sort of a Image's 'What If?..'

The case could be made for just issue 1 because of Clementine and her existing in the same universe.

imo Skybound X would do better as it's own set.

I think maybe its time to consider a Walking Dead Universe custom set as a catch-all for random books like this, Negan Lives, Survival Journals, Chop Shop Journal  etc. 

🧟‍♂️

Edited by ZombieVet

On 8/13/2021 at 8:27 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

Can't wait to see them in person!   T. Kirkham knocked it out of the park on these for sure!  And S.Kirkham did a great job at promoting them, too! :headbang:

I agree, they are beautiful. Knew they would be since @bigclutchnabbed the OA for them!

I grabbed a set and a WDD19 Foil (had to!). Now to hope for a 9.9!

A BC Skybound X #1 would be groovy too. 😉