• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have 3 bulk orders that just got scheduled for grading and in two of the orders I see cards with the following "INELIGIBLE TYPE/RESEARCH MODE"

Why?

I submitted Pokemon cards.  The first order contains promo movie cards by Topps - if you grade Baseball cards why is a Topps Pokemon Promo card not able to be graded?  (Order: CGC1478639557)

My second order contains Chilling Reign Promo Cards from the Build and Battle Boxes (The holo says Chilling Reign) on it.  While previous series were accepted why have these been denied?  (Order:  CGC6382485461)

Will I be refunded?  New cards being released should be able to be graded as other cards in the series have been graded and sent back. So I am not sure what the hold up is.

Thank you.

• Administrator

CGC Trading Cards only grades Pokémon TCG and MTG. Topps cards are not currently accepted. You should receive a refund for the grading fees on those ineligible cards. As for the Chilling Reign promos, they are accepted and it will be remedied when they go to grading. 

Paul

6 minutes ago, Sassums said:

Wonderful thank you.

Any suggestions on how to get the Pokémon TCG TOPPS cards graded? I believe they were promos from the movies. 

You will have to go to another company or wait till CGC decides to grade TOPPS cards. TOPPS cards are artbox cards. Not trading cards....

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

48 minutes ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

You will have to go to another company or wait till CGC decides to grade TOPPS cards. TOPPS cards are artbox cards. Not trading cards....

Right my mistake.  Appreciate it. 

is that something in the works for them or? 

Edited by Sassums

23 minutes ago, Sassums said:

Right my mistake.  Appreciate it. 

is that something in the works for them or? 

I'm going to say no. But I'm not sure at this point. I do know they are trying to get graders for the Yugioh tcg as we speak.

3 hours ago, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

I'm going to say no. But I'm not sure at this point. I do know they are trying to get graders for the Yugioh tcg as we speak.

I guess as long as all the TCG cards will be graded I’m okay. Disappointed the topps won’t be but oh well. Not even sure where they came from other than the movie.