• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photobucket

34 posts in this topic

is photobucket not working w/ebay right now? i've lost the images in my store.

Uh oh, now we've got a Photobucket conspiracy! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Let's blame Ewert. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Nah, let's blame greggy. It's easier and he's usually guilty...

No more orders from me arsehole. Not an empty threat because I actually buy from your overpriced listings! yay.gif

Very rude... cause of that you're banned from ordering from me anyway... yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gif

Nick provides better books and service anyways so poke2.gif

Bought any 9.6 100 pagers from him recently??? smirk.gif

Nope...and neither from you...jerkette. Plus, I had to pay triple guide for that book. (Not the Batman because that was only a 9.4..bozo)

Yeah, I bet you call all the dealers who haven't found 9.4/9.6 100 pagers for you in the last week Jerkette and Bozo. yeahok.gif

Yer fannybaws!! sumo.gif

Don't laugh..... 893naughty-thumb.gif

I've done a high resolution pixel analysis of the aforementioned area where a photo should have been appearing, and I found that within the grey perimeter, there were, indeed, areas that indisputably, had nothing in them.....

I present my evidence.......

bucketbrigade.jpg

Ignore this at your own peril!

I've done a high resolution pixel analysis of the aforementioned area where a photo should have been appearing, and I found that within the grey perimeter, there were, indeed, areas that indisputably, had nothing in them.....

bucketbrigade.jpg

Way to hit the AVATAR hook!! 27_laughing.gif

BTW, some (but not all) of my 'bucket pics were down tonite!

Guys:

There is a problem with Photobucket.com. Depending on what ISP a user uses, they may or may not be able to see your images if you use Photobucket. The problem for Road Runner ISP users (I am one) is still going on - I cannot see any images hosted by Photobucket.com.

Here is a story that explains it:

http://news.com.com/Network+feud+leads+to+Net+blackout/2100-1038_3-5889592.html?tag=nefd.top

If you use Photobucket.com, you may want to keep your eye on this story. If the problem conintues, you may need to find another image hosting company or risk having some of your viewers not see your images.

Best,

Byron

bucketbrigade.jpg

That's what happens when you use free sh:t... makepoint.gif

I had some auctions end Wed just as the outage began. The "free" image hosting company most likely cost me about $200 in lower bids (actually, I paid the $25 yearly fee).

With that said, should I be concerned and should I look elswhere? Where do you recommend? Has anything like this happened before with photobucket?

Thanks, Byron

I read the article but don't see why Photobucket would be having any more problems than any other web-based image hosting company?

Here is what is says at the Photobucket website...

Photobucket Network Update

If you didn't know, yesterday two Tier 1 providers got into a feud and cut off traffic to each others network.

Unfortunately Photobucket was one of the thousands of sites effected. We have talked with both Cogent and Level 3, but it doesn't look like it will be fixed anytime soon. Rather than sit back and wait for it to all get sorted out, we have taken some drastic steps to work towards our own resolution.

- Overnighted some additional network equipment as of yesterday

- Moved our dns over to Ultradns (which is used by amazon, myspace, etc) . This gives us some flexibility on how we handle traffic from the two networks.

- Working frantically on bringing up another carrier so we can start pushing 'non-resolvable' traffic that direction.

We believe this will solve many or all of the issues regardless of what happens with Cogent and Level 3.

Thanks for understanding, Photobucket got the worst of a bad situation that is totally out of our control.

yup, it corrected itself after about 12-16 hours. i wasn't running any real auctions, so probably not a big deal except for store browsers who came in and who may never come back because they don't think i include images with my store listings. who knows, maybe that one guy who was looking to blow $500 on mid-grade SA and BA came in and got turned off forever.