• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 196: Will it Crash? (Warning: Black Widow - Spoilers!!!)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Xenosmilus said:

After seeing Black Widow last night one of my first thoughts was, will Avengers 196 crash?  I was curious on peoples thoughts!

My first thought is to say yes!

but having watched Avengers 28, 55, 59 & 83 not crash, I would reverse that and say no. It’ll drop. But it won’t likely crash.

I can understand Avengers 55 retaining some value because Ultron is a big Avengers villain, but if these prices are primarily MCU-driven, you would think that book would have crashed hard, since most people don’t like Avengers 2.

After that book, Avengers 28, 59 & 83 should have all reverted down a lot lower, but they still stay up at confoundingly high prices.

Perhaps 196 could take a steeper dive since it is a later-era book. But depending upon what happens with the character via T-Bolt Ross, it could see a strong rebound if the character is re-used ‘correctly’ in the MCU (either innate skills or costume).

3 minutes ago, HighVoltage said:

My first thought is to say yes!

but having watched Avengers 28, 55, 59 & 83 not crash, I would reverse that and say no. It’ll drop. But it won’t likely crash.

I can understand Avengers 55 retaining some value because Ultron is a big Avengers villain, but if these prices are primarily MCU-driven, you would think that book would have crashed hard, since most people don’t like Avengers 2.

After that book, Avengers 28, 59 & 83 should have all reverted down a lot lower, but they still stay up at confoundingly high prices.

Perhaps 196 could take a steeper dive since it is a later-era book. But depending upon what happens with the character via T-Bolt Ross, it could see a strong rebound if the character is re-used ‘correctly’ in the MCU (either innate skills or costume).

I was thinking more along the lines because Taskmaster isn't Tony Masters in the MCU. I am by no means a Taskmaster expert though.

10 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:

I was thinking more along the lines because Taskmaster isn't Tony Masters in the MCU. I am by no means a Taskmaster expert though.

I think it was a couple of 3 things regarding Tasky… (I don’t want to spoil everything here if someone is planning to see the show soon!)

I'm still seeing copies of West Coast Avengers #45 sell for a premium even though that character is lame and seems highly insignificant and overpriced compared to the thousands of comics you can buy from the previous decades. With that in mind, this book may increase in price substantially since there are plenty of crazy people out there overpaying for books. 

Edited by Flanders82

14 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

Didn't Avengers 55 crash following Ultron? It hit pretty high highs, and hasn't climbed back up.

It definitely did.  We had 2 copies from my father's estate and sold both just before the movie came out.  I monitored pricing on it for about a year afterward and there was a pretty significant crash after the movie came out.  

Well it’s always good when the character/villain survives a movie… Had she died, I would unload, but it’s looking like potential appearance in Hawkeye is in the cards. 

On 7/11/2021 at 8:28 AM, dikran1 said:

Well it’s always good when the character/villain survives a movie… Had she died, I would unload, but it’s looking like potential appearance in Hawkeye is in the cards. 

Are you mixing up TM for Yelena? TM is definitely not going to be in Hawkeye, that will be the Echo and Kate show.

On 7/10/2021 at 2:07 PM, mcduckz said:

It definitely did.  We had 2 copies from my father's estate and sold both just before the movie came out.  I monitored pricing on it for about a year afterward and there was a pretty significant crash after the movie came out.  

How about thanos? Iron man 55

On 7/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Yeah, but Ultron didn’t turn out to be a chick!:roflmao:

AFAIK

Taskmaster in the all new wolverine series was a good guy

So idk if it matters, as long as the story moves along and there are fans, older issues will still be sought after.

What marvel and or DC needs to do is figure out a good way to turne heroes bad

Marvel venom and taskmaster bad to good

DC Harley Quinn bad to good

Going the other way is much harder, so

To use a phrase some use

THEY JUST BETTER WATCH THEMSELVES 

On 7/23/2021 at 7:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

AFAIK

Taskmaster in the all new wolverine series was a good guy

So idk if it matters, as long as the story moves along and there are fans, older issues will still be sought after.

What marvel and or DC needs to do is figure out a good way to turne heroes bad

Marvel venom and taskmaster bad to good

DC Harley Quinn bad to good

Going the other way is much harder, so

To use a phrase some use

THEY JUST BETTER WATCH THEMSELVES 

Honestly I know nothing about TM. That being said, if I bought the book as an investment and found out that MCU character didn’t match what was in the comics, it would make me nervous as an investor.