• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Avengers 196: Will it Crash? (Warning: Black Widow - Spoilers!!!)
1 1

31 posts in this topic

On 7/23/2021 at 7:23 PM, Xenosmilus said:

Honestly I know nothing about TM. That being said, if I bought the book as an investment and found out that MCU character didn’t match what was in the comics, it would make me nervous as an investor.

No harm in that 

No harm at all

I've only semi been familiar too, but it's a character from 1976 or so, I was just trying to alleviate fears. There is the comic well established cannon, and then there are people in films just getting started on "their" story.

It's good to question,  only trying to give more info, the all new wolverine I read that in: he was presumed a bad guy buy x23, but hes like wait wait I have news, she takes him out before he can help etc.

I think bad to good is too easy, once they're "good" if they go back, it's too much variation and may kill the mood or momentum that has me worried 

Like Harley or taskmaster for bronze, play with storyline too much and itll be like you said and a real downer

So your good to question the deviation in any film, im questioning the comics, so cest la vie

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

In my point of view.the acknowledgement alone of a character jumping from a media to annother is big enough,havent seen the movie dont know about it.galactus is one of my fav and his appearance in ff4 was misérable and dr doom please both adaptation is lamentable(movie wise not comics)same thing with first deadpool in wolverine origins plus they never nailed sabertooth right in my opinion.but comicwise they are all big succès !i want ff5 vol 1 but i dont want to own the reboot of ff4 movie where dr doom is a teenager computer geek.venom was always a hot key even before and after spider man 3 yerk...so in my opinion two separate things.i think the acknowledgement alone from comics to movie is enough for the comic to go up even if the adaptation is bad it proves the character  is there to stay nuff said!

Edited by Namtak

On 7/23/2021 at 7:39 PM, Namtak said:

In my point of view.the acknowledgement alone of a character jumping from a media to annother is big enough,havent seen the movie dont know about it.galactus is one of my fav and his appearance in ff4 was misérable and dr doom please both adaptation is lamentable(movie wise not comics)same thing with first deadpool in wolverine origins plus they never nailed sabertooth right in my opinion.but comicwise they are all big succès !i want ff5 vol 1 but i dont want to own the reboot of ff4 movie where dr doom is a teenager computer geek.venom was always a hot key even before and after spider man 3 yerk...so in my opinion two separate things.i think the acknowledgement alone from comics to movie is enough for the comic to go up even if the adaptation is bad it proves the character  is there to stay nuff said!

I agree yet there is more, established characters have ground swell, likewise 1st introduction to a character is important to earn newcomers.

Most I think can handle one bad appearance in movies, if their reputation is longstanding, but

Living long in that kind of spotlight is hard.

Umm...it's not like there were a slew of Taskmaster fans to begin with, so I wouldn't bet on this book.

Cool character, but most of the run-up over the past five years was due to a) movie speculation and b) the classic cover of 196.

Thanos - and even Ultron and Kang - are qualitatively different. Important characters in their own right - and heavily featured in classic storylines that have been read and re-read for decades now.