• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Boards are tugging at me to get back in.

23 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not to pry, but I wish you mentioned this more lol

I remember now that you have, but other posts made me forget and or want to (((hug))) the regret or remorse away Haha

Call me sentimental,  and I'm not looking for a mate myself, still as long as everyone has love some way somehow is important to me  :foryou:

Well, I have strong opinions. They don't always gel with this so-called non judgmental world. But yeah. Love is the answer.

3 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

I have a wonderful 3rd wife for the last 21 years. She leaves my comics and music alone. She gets it.

For me it's a second wife . . .:bigsmile:  She's cool with the comics and the vinyl. . . but she gets pissed when I come home with vintage speakers from the local thrifts . . .they take up so much room.  :roflmao: Anyone want to buy a very fine set of Pioneer HPM 100's?  Actually, another thought was to sell comics and buy audio gear.  Man, I have delusions of being a minimalist . . but in reality I just love old stuff and can't stop collecting it because it makes me happy.  

1 hour ago, BrianNichols said:

For me it's a second wife . . .:bigsmile:  She's cool with the comics and the vinyl. . . but she gets pissed when I come home with vintage speakers from the local thrifts . . .they take up so much room.  :roflmao: Anyone want to buy a very fine set of Pioneer HPM 100's?  Actually, another thought was to sell comics and buy audio gear.  Man, I have delusions of being a minimalist . . but in reality I just love old stuff and can't stop collecting it because it makes me happy.  

I used to be an audiophile to a degree. The best speakers, receivers, dvd/media players. I stopped. By the time I got them and set them up, they were obsolete and Japan was already getting the "next best thing" ready to ship. So, I am satisfied with what I have. I started feeling like the Steve Martin bit when he bought the Moonrock speakers: "Sounds like ". LOL!

Vintage comics are forever. They never change, never get better or worse and are always cool. I don't have to set them up, agonize over positioning and constantly fiddle-diddle with them. Not selling those just to get something that's going to be obsolete by the time I get it.