• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Variants: Incorrect Damage Holo"?

3 posts in this topic

Hi All,

So my pokemon card submission moved from received to scheduled for grading recently, only found out when I logged in to check if anything progressed.

Noticed the following:

"Line Item: 012
Card Name: Typhlosion
Variants: Incorrect Damage Holo"

Naturaly I proceeded to freak out, just ever so slightly. Just wondering if anybody has come across this "varient" before in there submission? Any idea whats happened here? I've enquired as to why this might be the case, but I'm bracing for the worst

• Administrator

The Japanese Typhlosion from Gold, Silver to a New World was printed with the incorrect damage on its attack of "60" for most of the printing. Only at the very end was the mistake noticed, and the damage changed to "60+". The Corrected Damage version is by far more rare than the Incorrect Damage. CGC differentiates between the two automatically. 

Paul

2 hours ago, PaulS. said:

The Japanese Typhlosion from Gold, Silver to a New World was printed with the incorrect damage on its attack of "60" for most of the printing. Only at the very end was the mistake noticed, and the damage changed to "60+". The Corrected Damage version is by far more rare than the Incorrect Damage. CGC differentiates between the two automatically. 

Thank you so much Paul, geez I almost had a heart attack. Thanks for the quick response as well, much appreciated