• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot shot comics and pre-order modern
6 6

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Damn. Have you opened a case with Ebay

It's been over 180 days so I can't do squat on ebay or Paypal.

Only recourse is my credit card company.

I heard they no longer operate on ebay, but are still in business some other way Facebook, IG...

Damn, well yeah I'd definitely contact your CC company and see if they could help. Good luck with it. 

There was another guy on FB posting about ordering 10 books from them and only receiving like 4 of them and unable to get them to do anything about it.

I had an issue with them last year with a Negan Lives book, it was a DEBACLE and a half.  Will definitely never do business with them OR their "cleverly hidden" brick and mortar storefront that goes by another name.

They stopped responding to my eBay messages as well for a few books I per-ordered. I did just receive them after ordering in February.

They have a website: https://www.hotshotcomics.com/

They also appear to be the online presence of Asheville Comics. Same branding and address: https://www.ashevillecomics.com/

There is a phone number you can call.

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

They stopped responding to my eBay messages as well for a few books I per-ordered. I did just receive them after ordering in February.

They have a website: https://www.hotshotcomics.com/

They also appear to be the online presence of Asheville Comics. Same branding and address: https://www.ashevillecomics.com/

There is a phone number you can call.

I called Asheville when I had issues and was stonewalled.  So I wouldn’t expect much of a response that way.

2 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I called Asheville when I had issues and was stonewalled.  So I wouldn’t expect much of a response that way.

Same here. Guy answers the phone while in a comic shop and gives me this :censored: about how that's a different part of their business and said he didn't know what to tell me. Paypal refunded me after they didn't respond to Paypal either after 10 days I believe. I will NEVER pre-order comics from ANYONE ever again. Done. :sumo:

On 7/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, migmtl76 said:

It's been over 180 days so I can't do squat on ebay or Paypal.

Only recourse is my credit card company.

I heard they no longer operate on ebay, but are still in business some other way Facebook, IG...

Why was it so long between your order and getting the books?

Edit: ah right, CGC's new waiting times

Edited by William-James88

I pre -ordered in Dec of last year for this exact book GUARANTEED 9.8 cgc blue from this same seller. He ghosted me for 6 months so I decided to bring him some attention on Instagram and cgc forum . 

After all the name calling he did against me for asking for the book I paid for he sent me 9.6 as well. 

This is a scumbag fraud . File your case ASAP don’t let him breathe. He will do everything he can to steal your money .

F2BCA2EB-7F47-4260-8F7F-27A508523B0D.png

F08EDDDF-9792-4854-80D2-00F83CC4CDA4.png

74EE5615-3E53-4026-8D0B-01201B646AFB.png

Edited by Subby1938

3870AADC-7296-4632-A833-93BFB737AA44.pngAfter he caught wind of my Instagram post and cgc posts he sent package no warning or tracking and no surprises he sent a book I didn’t pay for , it was 9.6. He kept all high grade books and our honest members money to boot . 

If I ever met this guy it would be unpleasant for him …. POS

Edited by Subby1938

I am very sorry to see how they have treated you guys and certainly hope you can get reimbursed. On 4-25-21, on eBay, I purchased 3- CGC 9.8 presale with release date of 5-5-21 and 1- CGC 9.8 presale release date of 6-2-21. Last night I sent hotshotcomics a message through eBay and received a response this morning. Not sure how to proceed at this point. I fully understand CGC grading time issues, but am not comfortable with the seller's business tactics. Am I still protected if I file claim with eBay and PayPal prior to 180 days if books not received?

New message from: hotshotcomics (11,362YellowShooting Star)

With CGC, being graded. CGC takes around 4 months at the moment as per their website. You will be notified when the item ships thank you.

FWIW, I was very surprised that they had responded so quickly. Looking at their positive reviews as a seller for the last 6 months, there are many positive responses on (current) presale CGC books that were obviously never received. Not sure why one would leave positive responses on items not received. They were very nasty with anyone leaving a negative review. The customer is always right??? Also, why do you think they pulled all of their EBay listings? 

Yes, if you are under 180 days I would definitely file a chargeback either via ebay or Paypal and get the books elsewhere.  Like you i also contacted the seller and they were quite responsive and polite initially telling you to wait patiently and cancel your claim (don’t, b/c if you do you wont be able to file another one)  However, if you continue to press, they will quickly turn nasty and rude.

Remember your money, your choice. I would prefer not to do business with such individuals.

Edited by sleeper13

On 7/16/2021 at 9:05 PM, William-James88 said:

Why was it so long between your order and getting the books?

Edit: ah right, CGC's new waiting times

Actually the seller was holding the books past the 180 days so I couldn't give bad feedback or be reimbursed

5 hours ago, mrbarlint said:

I am very sorry to see how they have treated you guys and certainly hope you can get reimbursed. On 4-25-21, on eBay, I purchased 3- CGC 9.8 presale with release date of 5-5-21 and 1- CGC 9.8 presale release date of 6-2-21. Last night I sent hotshotcomics a message through eBay and received a response this morning. Not sure how to proceed at this point. I fully understand CGC grading time issues, but am not comfortable with the seller's business tactics. Am I still protected if I file claim with eBay and PayPal prior to 180 days if books not received?

New message from: hotshotcomics (11,362YellowShooting Star)

With CGC, being graded. CGC takes around 4 months at the moment as per their website. You will be notified when the item ships thank you.

FWIW, I was very surprised that they had responded so quickly. Looking at their positive reviews as a seller for the last 6 months, there are many positive responses on (current) presale CGC books that were obviously never received. Not sure why one would leave positive responses on items not received. They were very nasty with anyone leaving a negative review. The customer is always right??? Also, why do you think they pulled all of their EBay listings? 

Don’t forget all the people including myself that couldn’t leave feedback after 40 days . Believe me  the negative feedback  would be much longer list  . I trusted this person and they ripped me off . I couldn’t get a refund or leave feedback . I’d get your money back and run simply for the fact they don’t deserve the business 

Edited by Subby1938