• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hot shot comics and pre-order modern
6 6

63 posts in this topic

The heat is on and what they are doing is called fraud . Using a legitimate store to lure people into purchasing something that is a farce is fraud . They advertised product , took payment and then ghosted everyone . 

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Then why not do a claim before the 180 days were up? That's what I would have done. 

Because for the cost of the books you trust you’re not going to be ripped off. I never ever would let someone get away with this for big money but the point is it’s not one person he’s ripped off it’s a bunch of good members in hobby and community. Let’s not lose sight of that regardless of PayPal claims etc etc nobody should have to do that anyways if he was an honest seller . 

That was one of his nice responses you should read the stuff I was sent in private emails . He’s trash! Not only is that store and owner chronic in their lies but they would do anything to keep stalling and stalling . 

In the end it’s clear they rip people off. 

I just received an order this morning from Hot Shot Comics. I must say, they were very nicely packaged and they did arrive as 9.8s.

2 copies of   EVE #1 CGC 9.8 preorder. 

I do have two other CGC 9.8 preorders I am waiting on as well and will update the thread.  

I ordered 5 copies of 9.8s very early on ASM 55 from this seller as it was cheap and
they hadn't blown up yet. 

After I got no replies after around 2 months I just went ahead and filed and received my money. 

Pre sales are a disaster in the waiting for Ebay sellers. It only takes once to kill your account 
if you don't handle them right. 

I will just send in copies locally now.

On 10/23/2021 at 12:45 PM, mrbarlint said:

I just received an order this morning from Hot Shot Comics. I must say, they were very nicely packaged and they did arrive as 9.8s.

2 copies of   EVE #1 CGC 9.8 preorder. 

I do have two other CGC 9.8 preorders I am waiting on as well and will update the thread.  

Who cares! No offence this seller is a huge fraud and scumbag who has ripped off countless people . You come on here to post your books to what ? Help his rep ? 

take a hike pal! 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:11 PM, Subby1938 said:

Who cares! No offence this seller is a huge fraud and scumbag who has ripped off countless people . You come on here to post your books to what ? Help his rep ? 

take a hike pal! 

Kindly relax Subby. While I fully understand your frustration with this seller, I am certainly not looking to help Hotshot comics in any way shape or form. If you read though the thread, you would see that I had also expressed concerns with seller and his fraudulent tactics. I do not want to see anyone get scammed and was simply updating the the thread with my own recent experience. Looks like I am lucky for now, though, I am not out of the woods yet as I have more books I am waiting on. This community is essential in helping each other avoid unscrupulous individuals and or businesses. So, sorry, I shalt not be taking a hike, buddy boy. Best regards and stay safe.

Ron

Yeah it’s misleading to say you didn’t get books now you are . The guy is trash . Under the pressure I created from Instagram and this forum he sent me books as well ….. those guaranteed 9.8 comics I paid for arrived unannounced in 9.6. 

Now that’s trash! Not only do they lie and steal , they send the wrong stuff  to say we don’t care . Google search won’t be kind to them and you know what it’s deserving . I saved the emails and it’s justified as they defrauded me out of money for goods and countless others . 

Edited by Subby1938

On 10/25/2021 at 8:17 PM, Subby1938 said:

Yeah it’s misleading to say you didn’t get books now you are . The guy is trash . Under the pressure I created from Instagram and this forum he sent me books as well ….. those guaranteed 9.8 comics I paid for arrived unannounced in 9.6. 

Now that’s trash! Not only do they lie and steal , they send the wrong stuff  to say we don’t care . Google search won’t be kind to them and you know what it’s deserving . I saved the emails and it’s justified as they defrauded me out of money for goods and countless others . 

Hey Subby. Once again, sorry to hear how you are getting jerked around by this seller. Any recourse with your credit card company?

I’m coming up on one year since I ordered 2 books at 9.8 for Batman 108. I’ve personally sent in two sets of 10 comics to CGC and received them back since that time frame. They do lie and stall and I don’t expect to ever see the books at this point, also past the point to file a claim. Pretty shady business.

Edited by Chas-71

On 3/30/2022 at 9:31 PM, Chas-71 said:

I’m coming up one year since I ordered 2 books at 9.8 for Batman 108. I’ve personally sent in two sets of 10 comics to CGC and received them back since that time frame. They do lie and stall and I don’t expect to ever see the books at this point, also past the point to file a claim. Pretty 

Unfortunately that seems to be their modus operandi.

I have seen a few more post about issues with "a pre-order online shop" not honoring their orders after months and months.and when I reached out (both times I did) it was Hot Shots.

The responses people get though.  Those are laughable.

I too was conned by this seller. Back in May of 2021, I purchased a preorder of Nice House On the Lake #1 from them. I waited too long to file with eBay or PayPal to get my refund due to the CGC timeframe. When I made the purchase they had multiple  of listings in their shop and a 99% rating so I didn’t really have a concern. Months go buy, notice their shop being empty and just having buyer ratings I finally just accepted it and that I wasn’t going to receive the item. I emailed them on eVay and I got the same attitude you all got. Holier than thou, name calling and idle threats (something something attitude online differently than in person if met in person one day). I have the comical exchange in e-mails at least. If ever in Ashville, NC. I should check out his B&M comic book store as he needs that $80 more than I really did, apparently.

Edited by tjwacks

I have also been waiting over a year for 9.8 Gleason alien 1; and right at a year for 3 other books, 2 of which were in stock and was waiting for a pre ordered nice house. Seeing these posts honestly makes me wonder how many people have been stiffed and why hasn’t a simple class action been filed against the company? If there are a certain number of buyers who didn’t receive what was promised it enters class action lawsuit territory. At this point I am beginning to accept I will likely not see my books or money back, live and learn I guess

Absolute scum bags . They don’t care what you can do post their name and info on google so Internet forums once it gets on worldwide web it’s not coming down. Make sure you have a legit concern or scam being done to you …. If you have waited a year you’re done as this seller offer pre sale cgc 9.8 because there is no way to get PayPal protection for the time it takes to get books graded or signed graded etc etc. that’s the scam .

Once the protection timeframe passes they disappear . They will do whatever they can to get you to wait 180 days by promises or lies  after that you’re toast . Anyone reading this under 180 day protection period from PayPal file item not received and watch how fast you’re refunded as they can’t afford to have their accounts frozen . 

Unfortunately I have 24 outstanding orders from July of 2021 to March of 2022. All items have between an 8 week to 18 week max turnaround time to be shipped to me. I have written several times over the course of the last few months and even requested a refund for at least the orders from last year. I keep getting told to wait and not to worry and things are either expected soon or delayed. I know for a fact it is against the law to not provide customer with full refund if order is not fulfilled by time advertised upon purchase. While some of my older orders were filled at the beginning of this year, I feel I’ve been more than patient and it’s time to get my money back. It has been almost a year and I don’t want to lose all this money. It’s over $5000 worth of orders and I feel sick about it. Just wanted to vent and let you all know. Filing with NC Attorney General, BBB and FTC along with bank, but it’s been so long in some cases I’m effed if I don’t get anything to show for it. Nothing was purchased using PayPal, which I will have to consider for future preorders. End of rant.