• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One of my last comics (is it worth grading?)

8 posts in this topic

I've had this comic since I was a kid and when I sold off my collection it was the only one I kept.

It's not perfect but I figured post some pictures and see what everyone thinks. I've included pictures of the possible problems. The bottom of the cover almost looks like a printing flaw.

Those dots start on page 16 and go through the rest of the comic. What is that ? Printing flaw?

20210715_195801.jpg

20210715_195805.jpg

20210715_195910.jpg

20210715_195914.jpg

Hello welcome to the boards. This topic would be addressed better if you put it in "Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?

That being said, I have seen similar manufactory flaws with books I purchased in the Copper age. I am unsure how CGC would grade the flaw but that particular issue of Uncanny X-Men should definitely be sent in for grading.

“Worth it” different and subjective for everyone.  What is your preferred minimum return on investment? Dollars or percentage?

On 7/15/2021 at 7:05 PM, Chris Magee said:

Those dots start on page 16 and go through the rest of the comic. What is that ? Printing flaw?

Yes that's from the newsprint "grabber" - see DiceX's thread in the grading and restoration forum for a fuller explanation. Generally, it won't impact the grade unless it's on the cover (which is a common occurrence in BA books.)

If you're a novice to CGC, you'll probably be disappointed. Put it up on feebay if you want to sell it, otherwise just keep it in a nice Mylar and enjoy it for the memories it brings you. :)

On 7/21/2021 at 5:16 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Not worth a grade by itself, too much postage costs, but if you had ten good comics to grade it could be included in that batch👍‼️😷

Unless… when you use a facilitator, do they typically send in large batches to save on shipping? Maybe that's the way to go? Or is it generally more expensive to go through a facilitator?