• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

706 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2021 at 3:11 PM, VintageComics said:

Did she give any indication of why Hulk is so popular there? I have some Brazilian friends I'm going to ask.

I asked her.  She said that the late 70s/early 80s Hulk TV show with Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno was extremely popular in Brazil in syndication throughout the 80s, for both young and old.  She said that Bixby's Banner was a very tragic figure and sympathetic to Brazilian audiences. It had the vibe of a telenovela, which are quite popular throughout Brazil.

tumblr_pigkjnpfyR1trmlpi_400.gifv

Please play the music below when reading my comment and watching the gif above to maintain mood and atmosphere.  Thank you.

On 9/21/2021 at 3:13 PM, zosocane said:

I asked her.  She said that the late 70s/early 80s Hulk TV show with Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno was extremely popular in Brazil in syndication throughout the 80s, for both young and old.  She said that Bixby's Banner was a very tragic figure and sympathetic to Brazilian audiences. It had the vibe of a telenovela, which are quite popular throughout Brazil.

tumblr_pigkjnpfyR1trmlpi_400.gifv

Please play the music below when reading my comment and watching the gif above to maintain mood and atmosphere.  Thank you.

:(

On 9/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, zosocane said:

FWIW, my significant other is Brazilian, and she tells me Hulk far and away is the most popular super-hero in Brazil.  (It's her personal favorite, too.)  I don't think it's a coincidence that the 2008 Marvel Studios Hulk film's opening scenes were filmed in Rio/Brazil.

:cloud9:

...oh, how I love that movie. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu