• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 9.6 coming to auction
7 7

706 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Crowzilla said:
16 hours ago, Terry_JSA said:

This was my thought as well. I can see it hitting the $2 million mark pretty easily. I just don’t see being on the same level as a CGC 8.5 Action Comics #1 which sold for $3.25M. 

That's what my brain tells me, but it also tells me not to underestimate Marvel collectors (Spidey in particular), and never underestimate the "highest graded" collectors.

With all of the huge PR hype generated by Heritage recently with some of their out of this world astronomical results for the Promise Collection books, along with some others like their Marvel Spotlight 5 and Super Mario 64 record breaking sales, I would not be at all surprised to see this copy surpass the current Action 1 record for the most ever paid for a comic book to date.  (thumbsu

Especially since others have stated that this copy here is a true 9.6 worthy book and possibly even nice enough for a resub up to the 9.8 condition level.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

39 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

:idea:  It really rather simple......Just buy this copy here and crack it out and then resub it back to CCS and CGC asking them to grade it according to the Promise Collection grading standards, and it'll easily come back as a CGC 9.8, if not even as a CGC 9.9 graded copy.  (thumbsu

Just crack it and send it in with a box of 25 books for pre-screen 9.8. Really easy if it’s not a 9.8 they’ll just send it back to you raw no big deal just pay the reject fee. :headbang:

IMO this book is going to go for over $5,000,000 . . .  how many chances does one have to purchase a 9.6 AF15, the grailiest of Marvel grails . . . Wall Street has turned its eye on comic book speculation.  I work on Wall Street (albeit as a wage-slave lawyer), there is so much money sloshing around, everywhere.  It's like 1999 all over again.  This will be irresistible.  Just my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

With all of the huge PR hype generated by Heritage recently with some of their out of this world astronomical results for the Promise Collection books, along with some others like their Marvel Spotlight 5 and Super Mario 64 record breaking sales, I would not be at all surprised to see this copy surpass the current Action 1 record for the most ever paid for a comic book to date.  (thumbsu

Especially since others have stated that this copy here is a true 9.6 worthy book and possibly even nice enough for a resub up to the 9.8 condition level.  (shrug)

If this copy manages to surpass an Action Comics #1 and become the most valuable comic of all time, I’d be astounded. I honestly don’t know what to think since both are big books in their own right, guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

2 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

IMO this book is going to go for over $5,000,000 . . .  how many chances does one have to purchase a 9.6 AF15, the grailiest of Marvel grails . . . Wall Street has turned its eye on comic book speculation.  I work on Wall Street (albeit as a wage-slave lawyer), there is so much money sloshing around, everywhere.  It's like 1999 all over again.  This will be irresistible.  Just my 2 cents.

I don’t see the book reaching those kinds of heights, seems a bit overboard.  

1 minute ago, Terry_JSA said:

I don’t see the book reaching those kinds of heights, seems a bit overboard.  

Maybe . . . but all you need is 2 people with a few million to spend on vintage comics.  It's hard for me to see them stopping at $3mm when the last 9.6 sold for $1 million ten years ago.  But I am probably wrong.

30 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

I work on Wall Street (albeit as a wage-slave lawyer), there is so much money sloshing around, everywhere.  It's like 1999 all over again.

Well, if you work on Wall Street and remember 1999 with fond memories, do you also have the same fond memories for what took place in the spring and summer of 2000?  :devil:

8 hours ago, Terry_JSA said:

If this copy manages to surpass an Action Comics #1 and become the most valuable comic of all time, I’d be astounded. I honestly don’t know what to think since both are big books in their own right, guess we’ll just have to wait and see. 

I think it simply means that the next nice copy of either Action 1 or 'Tec 27 to come out will end up beating whatever new record this copy of AF 15 manages to achieve in September.  hm  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if you work on Wall Street and remember 1999 with fond memories, do you also have the same fond memories for what took place in the spring and summer of 2000?  :devil:

Oh those memories aren't fond . . . I don't know which was worse, the dot com crash or the financial crisis.  I guess I had more to lose the second time around.

20 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

That is a beautiful book, and I also think it will beat the Action #1…my gut says it will sell for $3.95-4.25 million…

Well, if that happens then I imagine the Church copy of Action 1 or even the Allentown copy of 'Tec 27 should be worth 8-figures or at least approaching that if we were ever that lucky as to see them hit the auction block in today's scorching red hot marketplace.  hm

Edited by lou_fine