• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card coming back damaged?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

So I sent in this submission of my Special Delivery Pikachu for grading. Like always, I took pictures of the card front and back before shipping. When I received the card back from being graded there is a small ink mark on the card right below the colorless energy symbol. It almost looks like ink that was wet and then smeared. I provided pictures to CGC in 3 separate E-mails and I still get no response from them. 

Has anyone had any issues with a card coming back in worse shape then it was when sent? I love that PSA and Beckett are getting competition. It helps collectors in a big way but if this is how CGC acts when there's an issue (no response)I won't be using them any longer. They've also yet to refund my $150 for signing up and it being my first submission back in May. I know they'll never take responsibility for the mark on the card but it still sucks. At least when PSA makes a mistake they own up to it and make it right.

2154ba182fbeb60302d312ca5ac1375e.png

Edited by Devin Jelley
spelling

• Administrator

Hello,

I am very sorry about this! Please email me photos of the front and back of the card before grading and I will investigate. Paul@cgccards.com

Thank you,

Paul

I received my first CGC order Today and Both my special delivery Pikachu have damage on them that was definitely not there when i sent them in. One of them has surface scratches on the top left to the bottom on one side and the other has card an indentation line on the top right hand corner... i’m really shocked because I got really good grades on everything else as far as I was concerned but I sent in copies of special delivery Pikachu that were definitely between an 8.5 and a 9 for a grade and I received today an 8 an a 7.5. My 7.5 with the indentation line on it got a 6.5 surface but 9.5 centering 9 corners and 9 edges.  really disappointed because those are some of my favorite cards I received last year that are now encapsulated with damage. 😭

Yep, and was sent back to them. Was told head of a department would take a look. 

They got sent back, no notification of what the issue was and one of them is in worse shape than it was when it was sent the second time. 

Didn't get any communication on what happened, what went wrong, if there was a mix up or anything.... Never sending anything to them again. Secondary pictures posted up show the new damage even though the photo's are grainy as all hell... Wouldn't recommend sending anything to them anymore as they'll leave you high and dry 

On 7/22/2021 at 7:07 AM, kreativemente said:

Damn seriously?? This hasn't happened to me from all my submissions, but thats terrible. Are you going to try and pursue any actions or just chalk it up to the game??

Honestly I don't think there's anything we can do outside of telling other's what happened. 

CGC Damaged a card that was Gem mint on the verge of Pristine depending on grading standards. Requested it be returned so the Manager of the Processing department could take a look at it and compare photos. Card was sent back with the grime cleaned off, same grades, and more damage. Honestly it shouldn't grade a 9 at all at this point. 

Pursue action? I don't think anyone can, they'll never take fault. I may dislike BGS and disagree with their opinions sometimes, but at least they never damaged anything. 

Personally, all I can do is chalk it up and take the L on losing a 1 of 1 in a 10 on a 20 year old card that could've gone for a few thousand that's now worthless. 

Everything I have will be going to PSA when they open bulk submissions back up and getting out of these CGC slabs. 

Damage that was indicated to them when I sent it back... Looking at the certification number for the new photos you can see there's more damage and the pictures look grainy as all hell...... Nothing but crickets from the company, they've got my contact information.

Typhlosion-CGC Graded.jpg

On 7/23/2021 at 3:12 AM, TylerR said:

Honestly I don't think there's anything we can do outside of telling other's what happened. 

CGC Damaged a card that was Gem mint on the verge of Pristine depending on grading standards. Requested it be returned so the Manager of the Processing department could take a look at it and compare photos. Card was sent back with the grime cleaned off, same grades, and more damage. Honestly it shouldn't grade a 9 at all at this point. 

Pursue action? I don't think anyone can, they'll never take fault. I may dislike BGS and disagree with their opinions sometimes, but at least they never damaged anything. 

Personally, all I can do is chalk it up and take the L on losing a 1 of 1 in a 10 on a 20 year old card that could've gone for a few thousand that's now worthless. 

Everything I have will be going to PSA when they open bulk submissions back up and getting out of these CGC slabs. 

Damn that really sucks man. I can't even blame you