• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does anyone see many CGC/CSG slabs at shows?

3 posts in this topic

I was set up at the Culture Collision show in ATL this weekend and really didn't see many. Think I saw one other group with CGC slabs dealing Pokemon, and only one guy with about 500 CSG slabs, but no high end cards. Fri/Sat were pretty hot, was surprised I didn't see any.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

I think you will in the future. With CGC catching up on its backlog I could only imagine they'll be set out eventually.

The reason why at card shows you'll see many many more PSA; is because CGC doesn't grade sports cards (I mean they do, but its CSG; different label which is NOT common). So if the card show is full of Pokemon cards only, you'll see a bunch of CGC, PSA, BGS. But if its a card show with a mixed variety; I wouldn't expect to see many CGC, but definitely some. 

That was my issue. Can't get anything back to sell. I would've had a CGC monopoly in that joint if I could get them back . It was mostly sports, I'd say 90%. A lot of people asked about stuff I have sitting at CGC. I lost out on a lot of sells. Most of the Pokemon there was still PSA/BGS. Got about 8 CGC slabs moved though on higher end stuff.