• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welcome CGC to the world of pulps" CGC will be grading them.
10 10

203 posts in this topic

On 10/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, Robot Man said:

One of the big reasons why I have been very selective in my pulp collecting. Considering I primarily collect for covers. That is a lot of space needed that I no longer have. That, and the rising prices (and the surge coming once they become graded widgets), and it is a lot easier for me to drastically curb my pulp buying. 

:whee:more for me!!!

So, what books would many of you want to have graded and slabbed?  I’m not terribly excited about encapsulating many of my pulps, but maybe a few of my higher end books.  Is anyone seriously considering  encapsulating an entire collection?  Can you imagine the storage space for a run of Weird Tales or Amazing Stories? 😂 

On 2/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, Shaun1227 said:

Any idea when CGC will actually start grading pulps? 

They pushed back the estimated date 3 or more times now. The current buzz says early this summer, but I'd believe it when I see it if I were you.

Edited by Joshua33
Spell

On 10/26/2022 at 2:24 PM, Bugfarm said:

So, what books would many of you want to have graded and slabbed?  I’m not terribly excited about encapsulating many of my pulps, but maybe a few of my higher end books.  Is anyone seriously considering  encapsulating an entire collection?  Can you imagine the storage space for a run of Weird Tales or Amazing Stories? 😂 

Only high grade books for me, but it will probably take a year after the first books are sent in to see how they hold up in their capsules.

This might have been discussed before but thought I’d ask…

Yesterday, I went to a local con and a guy had a long box of pulps.  Mostly the usual sci fi ones in pretty decent shape except for one thing. They were all trimmed on 3 sides. He of course had an explanation that I have heard before about people trimming them to put on book shelves. I explained that trimming comics was a BIG no no. He said he knew that but trimmed pulps were looked at differently. I don’t buy that but bought a couple I liked anyway. (They were very cheap).

So how big a deal is this anyway? Obviously, worth less than ones that aren’t but is it real notable price wise to pulp collectors? How is CGC going to handle this? The seller said he talked to Matt Nelson and was told a minor defect. I think otherwise.

C4C05B63-882A-467F-A430-36528A09C36E.jpeg

DC23B860-CEFF-4E27-B766-3C9C6AD196B1.jpeg

On 2/19/2023 at 6:50 PM, Joshua33 said:

They pushed back the estimated date 3 or more times now. The current buzz says early this summer, but I'd believe it when I see it if I were you.

zzz