• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Express TCG order (small) in Grading Phase for 5+ days?

4 posts in this topic

Just wondering if this is normal as the last couple of orders I submitted were only in the "grading / quality control" phase for a day at most, then shipped. I have a recent express order of only 2 cards that have been in the grading phase for 5+ days. My card was already charged too, a day ago, which typically happens when its marked as finalized. Just want to see if anyone else has experienced this. Thanks. 

Yeah, my express order has been in Grading/Quality Control for well over a week. I reached out about it because I was thinking about arranging a mail hold while I'm out of town later this month, and when I did they told me there was an accounting hold on my order even though my card had already been charged (my membership credit also was not applied but that's a separate issue). They told me it was sorted a couple days ago but still no movement. 

This is my first order with CGC that's gone this far (others are standard/economy), and I have to say I'm less than impressed. I've seen a lot of others post about similar delays with express recently too. Dunno how they can lower their quoted turnaround for express when it will take me and others a month to get their cards back. Still, not really upset about it since it's much faster and cheaper than other options during this whole grading frenzy. PSA is probably even more of a ****show right now. 

I've had a few Express submissions so far and it is normal. Its pretty random to be honest. I've had Express submissions in that phase for 2 weeks, sometimes its been 2 days. Not sure if its just internal timelines that are congested and thats the closest status they can put.

@NolanMB I haven't had that issue with accounts being on hold though. Is there a separate status for that?? Or was it just there for a long while and you called after to see what was up and they told you that at that point??

On 7/22/2021 at 3:08 PM, kreativemente said:

I've had a few Express submissions so far and it is normal. Its pretty random to be honest. I've had Express submissions in that phase for 2 weeks, sometimes its been 2 days. Not sure if its just internal timelines that are congested and thats the closest status they can put.

@NolanMB I haven't had that issue with accounts being on hold though. Is there a separate status for that?? Or was it just there for a long while and you called after to see what was up and they told you that at that point??

Nope, not a separate status. I would have had no idea had I not reached out about my sub. No notification from them and my card was charged for the order like a week earlier so...