• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WE GOT THIS COVERED and other parody reporting sites

18 posts in this topic

Unless you track these things, anyone could happen across a random We Got This Covered article and wonder "I didn't realize there was an Arm Fall Off Boy franchise in development with James Cameron as the director."

Sites like WGTC and Cosmic Book News are recognized as throwing anything and everything out there as rumors in the hope something lands to gain a reputation. Just be careful trusting in their content, though all insider reporting sites can be questionable. But there is a reason why so many Reddit posts cover not trusting these sites as credible.

Discussion: We got this covered isn’t reliable right?

Reminder — WE GOT THIS COVERED IS BS. Don’t buy it.

PSA: 'We Got This Covered' Are Garbage And Shouldn't Ever Be Trusted On Anything

We Got This Covered is NOT and has never been a reliable news source

PSA: Don't Share Links From We Got This Covered

WGTC is also known for race-baiting, recognizing this leads to explosive debates which then can lead to extensive referencing by other reporting sites for its actions.

Magneto01.jpeg.007ae6d8add71c459cd3971370e4ca07.jpeg

Geek Media Outlet ‘We Got This Covered’ Has Got a Really Insidious Race-Baiting Problem

Bad enough that We Got This Covered, a popular entertainment reporting site based in Canada, has a reputation across the fandoms now for clickbait journalism (read: fake news). A rep so well known that the admins of geek-centric groups on Facebook, IFLM (I Freakin’ Love Marvel) being one of many, have instituted bans on the sharing of articles published by the site.

If a well known reputation for clickbait journalism wasn’t already bad enough, a deep dive by yours truly into the comic book movie and TV show-related articles published by the site over the last year and a half reveals an even more insidious side to We Got This Covered’s journalistic practices.

A large number of articles written by multiple site contributors, and even the editor-in-chief, show shocking amounts of race-baiting.

That’s right, True Believers. Race-baiting.

This has been a public announcement for your awareness. Now back to, "I was reading on We Got This Covered and..."

On 7/23/2021 at 2:30 PM, Rodey said:

When I was writing stuff for ScreenRant, we would roll our eyes at the garbage this site would throw out into the interwebs. Total ClickBait.

It is incredible the garbage heap of trash articles WGTC pushes out and they get quoted by major publications as factual. To include Bill & Ted 4 had been approved and was in pre-production.

I hate to reference Andy Signore. But at least with this spot he nailed the details how WGTC plays games to create news.

On 2/19/2022 at 4:43 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Where does The Direct fit on this list?

Fairly decent reporting. But like some of the more up-and-coming sites they will quote something Giant Freakin Robot or Grace Randolph says so as to keep up with the click trends.

So digest wisely.

On 2/19/2022 at 4:48 PM, Bosco685 said:

Fairly decent reporting. But like some of the more up-and-coming sites they will quote something Giant Freakin Robot or Grace Randolph says so as to keep up with the click trends.

So digest wisely.

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve seen them pick up some questionable stuff, so I just lumped them into the less-than-reputable sites. 

On 2/19/2022 at 4:58 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks. Yeah, I’ve seen them pick up some questionable stuff, so I just lumped them into the less-than-reputable sites. 

You'll see someone like Grace Randolph make some off-the-wall insider proclamation and not long after you see that same content pushed out by all the sites.

It's predictable at times.