• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goldin Auctions Enters the Market
10 10

354 posts in this topic

On 10/25/2021 at 6:32 PM, bpc3qh said:

Will this new marketplace include comics? Saw Goldin (not Ken, but an emissary) set up at Baltimore, so I'm looking forward to future offerings.

It should be interesting to see how much of a upgrade they can do, and compare it to HA superior website. I think its worth a look.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:28 AM, lou_fine said:

Any truth to the rumours that they went and hired the same guys that did the big revamp on the CC auction website last year?  doh!  lol

It will be very interesting to see if they come up with any new ideas, heck maybe it could be better than Ha...should be able to be better than CCC easily.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:28 PM, lou_fine said:

Any truth to the rumours that they went and hired the same guys that did the big revamp on the CC auction website last year?  doh!  lol

I thought you like the new CC website?

The Next auction is officially open for bidding! Hopefully there's a few books you guys like in there. I highlighted a few of my favorites. Auction Close is December 8th. If anyone needs help getting there account set up let me know! 

There's also some super rare/high grade GA books graded by the other guys I couldn't share. 

https://goldin.co/buy?view=list&number_of_lots=24&page=1&Category=Comics

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.54.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.55.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.55.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.56.32 PM.png

On 12/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, domuhnator said:

The Next auction is officially open for bidding! Hopefully there's a few books you guys like in there. I highlighted a few of my favorites. Auction Close is December 8th. If anyone needs help getting there account set up let me know! 

There's also some super rare/high grade GA books graded by the other guys I couldn't share. 

https://goldin.co/buy?view=list&number_of_lots=24&page=1&Category=Comics

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.54.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.55.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.55.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-01 at 1.56.32 PM.png

nice selection, good luck.....

On 12/1/2021 at 3:15 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks for letting us know.  I like the 7 day auction timeline personally.

No problem! There's some cool books available. We split this one up a little more. We had the preview from the 22nd to yesterday then the bidding portion from the 31st to the 8th. 

On 12/8/2021 at 4:25 PM, ToBeContinued... said:

Sounds like a good reason NOT to buy from you guys. 30 minutes?? Ridiculous. Try 3 minutes like MCS. What's wrong with sniping anyway?

And that "you have to bid at 9:30 to bid later" rule is also :censored:.

It's just how we have done things for the past 8 years. Im sorry you don't like it. Its really not that difficult once you get the hang of it. 

You just have to bid before 9:30. It can be a second before or right after it opens. 

The crazy thing about this time extension model is that there is a hard stop to how long it can go on - either number of resets or a time of day stop.  But it exists - the system will not allow indefinite bidding.

of course it's impossible to get that info from CC.  How about Goldin, dom?  or is it mystery auction time for east coasters while california stoners keep em up till 3am just because they can!

On 12/8/2021 at 6:18 PM, Dr. Love said:

The crazy thing about this time extension model is that there is a hard stop to how long it can go on - either number of resets or a time of day stop.  But it exists - the system will not allow indefinite bidding.

of course it's impossible to get that info from CC.  How about Goldin, dom?  or is it mystery auction time for east coasters while california stoners keep em up till 3am just because they can!

Technically It could go on forever. But it would get really really expensive really really fast. But as far as a actual limit built into the website I don't believe there is one.

The big difference from us and CC is that our bidding increments are much much larger. I dont remember exactly how much larger but 1 Goldin bid is 2x one CC bid pretty fast up to one goldin bid being 4x one CC on the top end. So at the end of the day your not waiting that much longer with goldin per lot then you are with CC.

On 12/8/2021 at 5:48 PM, ToBeContinued... said:

Could be one reason why I'd never heard of you guys before this thread hm

Difficult? You think I think it's difficult? lol It's not difficult, it's just stupid. You think I'm going to hang out for a 1/2 hour just for some jackbone to bid it up one increment and extend the auction another 1/2 hour, and so on and so on? :screwy:

You're losing bidders because of this dumb rule (thumbsu

On 12/9/2021 at 4:35 PM, Dark Knight said:

I like the larger bidding increment, but not a fan of the 30 minute extended bidding each time a new bid is placed. Would prefer if it were cut down to like 10 minutes, something more reasonable so I don't have to wait in front of the computer long. Just my opinion :flamed:

I just chose not to wait, placed a bunch of bids and then closed the window. Took home one lot. (shrug)

On 12/9/2021 at 1:35 PM, Dark Knight said:

I like the larger bidding increment, but not a fan of the 30 minute extended bidding each time a new bid is placed. Would prefer if it were cut down to like 10 minutes, something more reasonable so I don't have to wait in front of the computer long. Just my opinion :flamed:

excellent suggestion get it down to 5/10