• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goldin Auctions Enters the Market
10 10

354 posts in this topic

On 5/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, Dark Knight said:

Goldin did a video in social media and claimed he bought this copy at a grocery store in 1939 . Saying he was "first in the grocery store to wait in line to buy it." Ha right...

funny guy

On 5/22/2022 at 3:59 PM, Dark Knight said:

Goldin did a video in social media and claimed he bought this copy at a grocery store in 1939 . Saying he was "first in the grocery store to wait in line to buy it." Ha right...

I guess Im confused... wasn't there a big book that was later revealed to have been bought by Goldin at (Heritage or) another auction house last year?  I thought it was this 6.5  

On 5/23/2022 at 11:43 PM, Aman619 said:

I guess Im confused... wasn't there a big book that was later revealed to have been bought by Goldin at (Heritage or) another auction house last year?  I thought it was this 6.5  

It was the Action 1 rocket copy that he bought. I'm unsure if it was for his personal collection or for a client. The Tec 27 maybe he bought it a year or two ago. I haven't checked the Heritage archives if it matches the 6.5 that just sold.

Edited by Dark Knight

i did a list of all sales over 100k in this thread.    All the Goldin and Heritage Palos Verdes sales have been added recently 

On 5/23/2022 at 5:18 PM, clarkkentdds said:

What did the sup 1 2.0 go for?

Edited by DC#

On 5/22/2022 at 7:12 AM, DC# said:
On 5/22/2022 at 4:37 AM, Chicago Boy said:

What did the bats 1 hammer at ?

Batman #1 4.0 went for $336k,  the 1.5 for $103.2k

Well, that sure seems to be a relatively large difference between the Goldin results and the similarly graded recent Bat 1 results from Heritage.  hm

Looks like the Palos Verdes CGC 4.0 graded copy of Bat 1 was able to fetch only $264K at Heritage earlier this month, and yet at the same time, their CGC 1.8 graded copy was able to fetch a very strong $180K when compared to the Goldin CGC 1.5 graded copy that sold for only $103,200.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine