• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED
2 2

30 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 10:13 AM, Bfairb said:

Not if the other person pm’d me last night.  My bad for falling asleep. :)

Isn't the buyer supposed to mark the book taken in the thread or else the :takeit: trumps the PM as stated in your rules above?

Can someone please explain what happened?

Not trying to start nothing just want some clarification so I can better understand the process.

Thanks in advance.

On 7/25/2021 at 6:30 AM, TheBook said:

Isn't the buyer supposed to mark the book taken in the thread or else the :takeit: trumps the PM as stated in your rules above?

Not trying to start nothing just want some clarification so I can better understand the process.

Thanks in advance.

Every seller sets their own rules, despite the common misconception that there are "standard rules". So, while people may jump in here and offer their opinion, only the OP can explain the intent of his specific rules. 

I notice that the OP edited his rules last night to state that the takeit in the thread trumps PMs absolutely so that seems pretty straightforward. I do not know what the rules stated prior to the edit, nor why a "my bad" was added. The OP would have to clarify. 

On 7/25/2021 at 7:20 AM, Ryan. said:

I notice that the OP edited his rules last night to state that the takeit in the thread trumps PMs absolutely so that seems pretty straightforward. I do not know what the rules stated prior to the edit, nor why a "my bad" was added. The OP would have to clarify. 

The reason given for the edit was wrong price.

On 7/25/2021 at 7:23 AM, comicdonna said:

The reason given for the edit was wrong price.

The placement of the "my bad" infers that the takeit language was edited so that's confusing. However, if the rules are to be taken as written then the MP15 goes to the buyer in the thread. 

On 7/25/2021 at 6:30 AM, TheBook said:

Thanks in advance.

According to the post times that I see the book was listed for sale at 11pm on friday and you posted I'll take it at 5:02am Saturday. 

The seller says he got a pm overnight while sleeping and accepted an offer at some point (assuming after he woke up). So unless he accepted that offer after he woke up assuming he woke up before 5:02 am and had time to communicate via pm to agree to a deal before 5:02 am..............

I'm not making any accusations especially as I was accused of marketplace shenanigans in 2019 that were proven to be completely false, but it seems that if a deal was actually made via pm on this book it most likely was made after member TheBook posted  :takeit: in the thread. It was a nice price. Real nice. Too nice? 

Edited by Professor Chaos
spelling correction

On 7/25/2021 at 7:20 AM, Ryan. said:

Every seller sets their own rules, despite the common misconception that there are "standard rules". So, while people may jump in here and offer their opinion, only the OP can explain the intent of his specific rules. 

I quoted the rules prior to the edit in my post above (and copied below for convenience). 

:takeit:wins over all. PM me with any questions

I suspect the OP edited to clarify rules and to somewhat apologize for accepting an offer in PM that may or may not have been inconsistent with the previous stated rules.  If there was an :takeit: in the PM, then that could have followed the previous stated rules in my opinion only if that :takeit: came before the one everyone else saw in the thread.  Any deals made after the :takeit: in the thread "appear" as possible shenanigans.  Timestamps of an actual :takeit: (and not of an offer not yet accepted) within a PM have been used by other sellers to determine winners, so every thread is somewhat different based on rules of the thread.  As you said, the OP's new rules are more straightforward.  The OP's old rules allow for this behind-the-scenes scenario to play out (but sometimes can lead to questionable sales).  2c