• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

October 15 - 17th - which con are you picking??

6 posts in this topic

The upcoming swarm of Cons on the weekend of October 15 - 17 was brought up several times at Gem City Con so it must be a hot topic.  There are 3 big Cons that I know of that weekend and all are in the same general area (Mid-West) and then we have Baltimore the weekend after!  I can't imagine most people have the desire to go to them all so which one are you going to and why?  Is there really that many comic book dealers that they will be able to fill Motor City and Wizard Chicago at the same time on top of the other few?

I'm leaning toward just going to Baltimore since it's such a great show and there is no way I can get away for two weekends in a row that time of the year.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:13 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Not going to any cons for the foreseeable future...this COVID thing still ain't over...not by a longshot!

I'm all vaccined up so I'm good to go for now with the current info I'm reading.  I may wear a masks depending on the rules but for now I'm good with the risks of being out and about since everyone I know has had the shot(s).  But I respect your desire to be extra safe.

I'm probably looking at Chicago -- mainly because I've got a bunch of friends that`ll be set up there - and I can split a room -- would love to hit up Detroit as well like on Sunday but I just think it would be too big of an hassle to do both 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:51 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

I'm leaning toward WW Chicago. I love Motor City but will I love it in October? I like to "tailgate" in the Motor City lot in my car for lunch. I think with the October weather Chicago sounds more enjoyable, plus it's closer for me.

I'd think Detroit and Chicago will be pretty close in weather come the middle of October - neither being great.  I do think a lot of people will pick the one that is nearest to them for convenience.  I'm all set for going to Baltimore the week after so I may just sit out the congested weekend and save up some cash.