• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Action #1 CGC 8.0 and New Detective Comics #27 CGC 8.5 in the Census
4 4

542 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 11:51 AM, valiantman said:

Both books were added to the CGC Census between May 25th and June 1st.

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/1995/

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/4/

I have recently changed CGCdata.com to show 6 month intervals, and the most recent 5 or 6 weeks (showing 40 census dates instead of 600 census dates). 

The page you checked showing the June 29th date was preceded by December 29th, so you were only narrowing the date down to that six month window.  

The links above narrow it down to the exact week they appeared. :foryou:

That particular week (May 25th - June 1st) also shows newly graded CGC 9.2 Batman #1, CGC 9.4 Detective Comics #29, CGC 9.4 Detective Comics #35, CGC 7.5 Detective Comics #58, CGC 8.0 Detective Comics #62, CGC 7.5 Detective Comics #66

http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicyearstart/1933/comicyearend/1944/label/all/orderby/alpha/variants/yes/census/210601/censusprior/210525/

I didn't realize you'd made that change. OMG, so good. Can you imagine seeing all those books come in at once? Holy cow. 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, rob_react said:

I didn't realize you'd made that change. OMG, so good. Can you imagine seeing all those books come in at once? Holy cow. 

Very recent.  I got tired of scrolling through 600 dates just trying to get a general sense of the past 20 years. :grin:

Action 1 73 total

Tec 27 72 total

Neck and Neck.  We knew they were out there so  now the question is:  is it a  sign that people are finally getting these ungraded mega books graded (and if not will this become a trend). all due to the explosion in the collectibles market ? man that 9.6 AF 15 luster didn't;t last long for me (it will come back) 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:52 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Action 1 73 total

Tec 27 72 total

Neck and Neck.  We knew they were out there so  now the question is:  is it a  sign that people are finally getting these ungraded mega books graded (and if not will this become a trend). all due to the explosion in the collectibles market ? man that 9.6 AF 15 luster didn't;t last long for me (it will come back) 

I'd say so.  The old school collectors who have held these mega keys for years and years are smart to be selling now to take advantage of the ridiculous prices these books are getting.

On 7/26/2021 at 2:58 PM, Dark Knight said:

I'd say so.  The old school collectors who have held these mega keys for years and years are smart to be selling now to take advantage of the ridiculous prices these books are getting.

If these books are all coming up for auction it will be unlike anything we've ever seen. Individually, these would be a big deal, but together, they're staggering (plus all the other books we can see that were graded at the same time. )  It's just nuts. 

On 7/26/2021 at 8:42 AM, rob_react said:

I was told privately, that the Detective 27 is the Church copy

There was discussion of this on a thread a couple of weeks to a month ago.  I was speculating this D27 was the Church copy, but that was based on the info on your site.  So it's possible that speculation is now being passed on as something more.

On 7/26/2021 at 3:10 PM, sfcityduck said:

There was discussion of this on a thread a couple of weeks to a month ago.  I was speculating this D27 was the Church copy, but that was based on the info on your site.  So it's possible that speculation is now being passed on as something more.

Was the 8.0 Action #1 being the Larson discussed as well?