• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Action #1 CGC 8.0 and New Detective Comics #27 CGC 8.5 in the Census
4 4

542 posts in this topic

On 7/26/2021 at 12:21 PM, rob_react said:

Was the 8.0 Action #1 being the Larson discussed as well? 

There was discussion of the Action 1, but I don't recall if it was identified as the Larson.  May have been.

On 7/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, HighVoltage said:

Walk-thru submissions?

What would the FMV charge have been to get these books graded?

Incredible set of books to come in at once. I wonder if it will ever happen again. I hope it does, but the odds seem low.

Yep 3% fmv walk-thru. Would have been much cheaper if they had their copies graded years before. Probably the only draw-back, but they will make up for it greatly if they plan on selling.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:42 AM, rob_react said:

Sorry if this was covered elsewhere, but I've been off the boards for a while (stinkin' life getting in the way of comics.)

Anyway, as I posted on my blog this morning there are two new major books in the CGC census- both added on June 29th- a CGC 8.5 Detective 27 and a CGC 8.0 Action Comics #1. 

:whatthe:

In addition to the easily verified census entries, I was told privately, that the Detective 27 is the Church copy and the Action #1 is the Larson copy. Can anyone verify? As often happens searching for both books just leads back to my own site, so that's useless to try to verify. 

Also, does anyone know if these books are in the same collection? It seems likely, but it could just be a coincidence. I'd love to verify that, as well.    

I believe both of these are owned by...

Edited by Timely
Secrets

On 7/26/2021 at 10:47 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yep 3% fmv walk-thru. Would have been much cheaper if they had their copies graded years before. Probably the only draw-back, but they will make up for it greatly if they plan on selling.

At 2 mill that would be a 60 K grading fee a pop 👍

On 7/26/2021 at 1:28 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

What an amazing time it is in the world of comics. Guess it was a matter of time before these insane sales would drive more raw copies out into the open. Must be nice owning mega grails 😩

It just seems to get better and better, record breaking year for GA sales lead by promise and the big guns....it will continue in 2022 and year we could break 100M in sales next year.

Edited by Mmehdy

On 7/26/2021 at 4:47 PM, Dark Knight said:

Yep.  There used to be a cap of 3K? on walkthrough grading.

Edited by comicdonna

On 7/26/2021 at 6:29 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Isn’t it capped at $5K currently?

WalkThrough

If you are submitting collectibles under the WalkThrough grading tier, mark each side of your shipping box with WK in large, bold letters.

Value  Unlimited

Cost  3% of Fair Market Value ($150 min.)

TAT  12 days
Edited by comicdonna

On 7/26/2021 at 11:09 AM, Dark Knight said:

Looks to be all those books coming from the same owner since they were graded around that same timeframe? I wonder who it is  hm

No they're not.  The Tec 58, 62, and 66 are Promise books.

Tec 33 is when Junie began, he was 8 years old, and the beginning for him was lower grade as you'd expect.  Like Bat 1 2.0, Cap 1 3.5.  

The Promise books are rolling through CGC like a tidal wave, week after week.  What you're seeing is a decision by other deep pocket collectors to ride the wave perhaps and get while the gettings good.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:40 AM, Gotham Kid said:
On 7/27/2021 at 2:09 AM, Dark Knight said:

Looks to be all those books coming from the same owner since they were graded around that same timeframe? I wonder who it is  hm

and did he submit a GSX1, ASM129 and  IH181 :wishluck:

Don't forget TMNT 1! 

On 7/27/2021 at 3:30 AM, woowoo said:

I do think that the Church 27 is not the copy the Dentist has hm

It was his copy once upon a time, I believe, but jettisoned from his collection long ago.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:27 PM, Chicago Boy said:

How do you think these compare hammer wise to the AF 9.6 heading to auction. I have the Church Tec ahead of it and the Larson Sure behind it if all auctioned now 

I think the AF15 is going to go bananas. The Church Tec might just go bananas as well. I think the Larson is going to be slightly more predictable since there are so many comparable sales now (although it will still be a huge sale) 

On 7/26/2021 at 5:38 PM, Dr. Love said:

The Promise books are rolling through CGC like a tidal wave, week after week.  What you're seeing is a decision by other deep pocket collectors to ride the wave perhaps and get while the gettings good.

The tectonic plates are shifting

On 7/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, tth2 said:

It was his copy once upon a time, I believe, but jettisoned from his collection long ago.

I talked to him in 1982ish and he had just bought the church copy as I had just bought a copy from E Gerber but did hear he upgraded (thumbsu