• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scheduled for grading...TWO MONTHS NOW!
4 4

92 posts in this topic

We should have a contest to see who has the submission with the longest wait time - Received, yet still labeled as Scheduled.  My oldest Scheduled submission was Received on 6/11, so about 6 weeks.

In the past, Received status (in red) meant your box was opened and the contents added to the dashboard.  Then it went to Scheduled status.  The date under the Received column did not change, meaning the actual date it got Scheduled does not show. 

So we can't really tell who has the earliest Scheduled submission status, unless they manually noted the date the status moved to Scheduled from Received.  Lately it seems submissions go directly to Scheduled status as a first step. 

I don't send in a ton of books but I'm starting to get really turned off by the wait times.

I've watched office buildings go up from the foundation to the flag pole in less time than it takes to get a comic book graded.

CGC should be open 24 hours a day with all this business.

Pay the overtime and get caught up already.

I have 4 books that were delivered to CGC In May...MAY...and they haven't even opened the box yet.

Just...lol

On 7/27/2021 at 6:47 PM, joeypost said:

Two months? You got a few more to go, depending on tier selected. 

I got Pre-Screen Moderns from April 12th that still have not even moved to the grading room!  You'll be waiting close to 6 months to get any book you sent in back....

I have a slow-track Economy that was "Received" April 1st (HAH!) and has been stuck in G/E/I for 2 weeks with no movement.

I have a slow-track Standard that was "Received" May 13th that has also been stuck in G/E/I for 2 weeks with no movement.  

I have a slow-track Economy that was "Received" May 13th that is still "Scheduled for Grading."  

We're all in the same boat.  

CGC should show more visibility into the entire queuing system.  Something graphical that shows the minute progress of the queue and its impact on my order.  Nothing proprietary, but something that shows me that progress is being made.  It would definitely ease the "my order fell into a black hole" feeling a lot of us are experiencing.

Make it fun.  People can compare their progress.  Something to talk about and get excited about.

Alec

Edited by Elroy Jetson

On 7/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Elroy Jetson said:

CGC should show more visibility into the entire queuing system.  Something graphical that shows the minute progress of the queue and its impact on my order.  Nothing proprietary, but something that shows me that progress is being made.  It would definitely ease the "my order fell into a black hole" feeling a lot of us are experiencing.

Make it fun.  People can compare their progress.  Something to talk about and get excited about.

Alec

^^

I suppose one reason folks put up with these ridiculous turnaround time is they figure their books might be worth more by the time they get them back, though it seems dicey for those flash in pan "hot books" that drop after initial excitement wanes. 

I imagine people are sending in literally hundreds of books at a time...mostly New releases too.

I don't think this was the original purpose of CGC but the $$$ is pouring in and they've lost their way a bit.

They should split into two divisions.

There should be one division for the greedy Ebayer who wants his 50 copies of Negan Lives 1 graded.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:09 PM, Eric Perry said:

Agreed.  They should have a division for books on which the ink hasn't yet dried.  The mountain of new releases *might* outweigh everything else put together.

Edited by fishbone
arch